The new Marketing Development Manager will engage with customers and value chain participants to create and develop new large scale applications/opportunities with good strategic fit with the Fluoropolymers business. This role will also have global coordination responsibility for the consumer electronics market.
Position allows for candidate to be remote but Detroit location is preferred.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify trends, market needs and aligns with Chemours core competencies to develop opportunities for growth.
- Coordinate and prioritize necessary market research to validate market sizes, critical market assumptions, key customer/value chain needs, competitor strategies, and brand recognition/positioning.
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, opportunity requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities
- Define and propose “go to market strategy” by developing and suggesting innovative and pertinent business model, partnerships etc.
- Develop marketing development strategy and plans for the market segment all marketing mix elements and application/ technology roadmap.
- Define market segmentation and clearly articulate/define value propositions to compete and win in targeted market development segments in 3-5 year horizon.
- Define Value Chain Segmentation
- Participate in stage gate process for growth projects to commercialize new products
- Lead with knowledge. Continue to develop in depth knowledge and first hand understanding of the target market
- Work with technology team to develop new concepts that can solve the market and customer needs
- Work with appropriate steering unit leader, global product manager as appropriate. Coordinate with product and sales team to drive execution of the plan.
- Close large new business deals
- Develop and own relationships with value chain end users.
- Global Lead: Lead/coordinate global and regional implementation of the global marketing strategy for the market segment.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Energetic, passionate about business development
- Intimate consumer electronics market knowledge
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to conceive scenarios and develop contingencies
- Must have greater than 5 years sales/business experience
- Demonstrated strong business acumen skills
- Solid track record of execution
- Able to translate market needs to technology organization - Technical degree preferred
- Outstanding communicator. Able to influence at all levels of organizations.
- Experienced negotiator
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Think strategically, develop action plans and deliver tangible business development results.
- Strong analysis and communication skills
- Familiarity with R&D/Product Development/Supply Chain Management
- Key behaviors include initiative, collaborative teamwork with global team, creative thinking, and passion
- Ability to travel 50% primarily within the USA
The following skill sets are preferred by the business unit:
- Industry Knowledge – Automotive
- Technical degree
- A Candidate who is located on the West Coast preferred