The Sr. Supply Chain Planner is a highly skilled supply chain professional. The Sr. Supply Chain Planner’s main responsibility is to provide an uninterrupted flow ofmaterials for their assigned products or locations while optimizing total supply chain costs and fulfillment targets and acting as an expert resource for other employeeswithin the Supply Chain Organization. The Sr. Supply Chain Planner will have knowledge of their assigned products and vendor base. Through financial analysis, they will be able to evaluate purchase decisions against total supply chain costs. The Sr. Supply Chain Planner will manage inventories and lead times using SAP tools and statistical techniques. The Sr. Supply Chain Planner may manage a team of individual contributors.
- Analyze daily KPI reports with a goal to improve supply chain performance
- Responsible for optimizing inventory levels and fill rates across the Patterson distribution network so that service level targets are met
- Establish and maintain appropriate target stock levels, safety stock, and surge stock levels using SAP and statistical inventory management tools and techniques
- Utilize product forecasts, SAP models and tools. Communicate forecasts to vendors as needed
- Analyze total Supply Chain costs with the goal to maximize working capital. Example analysis would be: deals, promotions, forward buys, free goods, percentage invoice discounts, etc.
- Actively seek out process improvement opportunities impacting own locations or enterprise supply chain.
- Review and approve forward-buy opportunities up to $250,000 and work to maximize opportunities across assigned locations/vendors/categories.
- Lead and participate in key strategic projects within assigned area/group and drive consistent execution. Partner with other Sr. Planners on enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Responsible for managing the excess (overstock) and obsolete process for assigned products. Identify and communicate obsolescence reserve requirements tothe Supply Chain Specialist for disposition, returns and/or disposal. Coordinate disposition, returns, and disposal
- Coordinate Vendor product recalls with all functional groups
- Act as an expert resource for Planners in assigned geography/group
- May manage a team of employees; responsible for performance management, leadership and team development.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, industrial engineering or related field or equivalent combination of Associate’s degree and relevant experience.
- 7+years purchasing and planning experience in related industryincluding:Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and influence others from different functional areas and levels within and outside the organization
- Material planning and forecasting using ERP tools preferably SAP
- Inventory Management experience, including excess and obsolete management
- Intermediate project management experience
- Excellent organizational, decision making and analytical skills
- Strong math skills with an understanding of statistics
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (lean, 6 sigma etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain or Operations
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Fortune 500 Distribution/ Logistics environment
- Experience managing a team
Job ID 2017-6242