The Microservices Technical Lead has a strong background in commercial technology product development and hands-on experience in developing enterprise scale Microservices. Demonstrable experience in developing software application utilizing Microservices architecture, modern tools and emerging techniques is a must. The background in directly managing a technical team, working with highly demanding product executive management and collaborating with non-technical business operations team.
- Actively participate, contribute and drive the architecture and solution design.
- Define work packages for software construction and work with Project manager to plan the completion of work, by identifying the right resource and negotiate the effort.
- Lead the team by example, assume the development responsibility of key foundational services and/or APIs.
- Work closely with database designers and provide constructive feedback.
- Work on deliverables with inputs and guidance from Development Manager and/or Project Manager.
- Actively participate and contribute in SDLC activities such as work effort estimation, assisting peers solving technical problems and performing code reviews.
- Understand business processes and develop unit and integration test scenario in accordance with system requirements and business process changes.
- Assist the testing team by providing guidance on how to create test data manually and/or systematically to test software programs.
- Work with the supervisor to understand the assigned work, deliver on agreed upon dates and raise issues/risks in a timely manner in case of risk to deliverables.
- Create/modify artifacts and deliverables expected from the SDLC and change management process.
- Follow the SDLC and change management processes adopted by the organization.
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; preferred field of study in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 10+ years of commercial technology product development experience.
- 5+ years of leadership experience either as architect or hands-on technical lead.
- At least 2years of expertise in leading the technology evaluation, scalability analysis and tool selection efforts for large Enterprise Solution.
- A strong understanding of decomposition of complex business process and creation of micro services.
- A recent hands-on development experience with at least one of the leading Cloud Foundry Certified Platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry and IBM Bluemix Cloud Foundry. 2+ yearexperience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry is preferred.
- Advanced to Expert level proficiency in - JAVA, JPA, Hibernate and MyBatis.
- Experience building systems with leading commercial databases – ORACLE RDBMS, MySQL and SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of widely used scriptinglanguages - NodeJS, ReactJS, AngularJS, Ruby, Go, Python, Perl. Advanced proficiency in at least two.
- Strong experience in Spring framework on Pivotal Cloud Foundry Platform.
- At least 2years of experience in leading Cloud based (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) SOA solution implementation.
- Strong software development methodology understanding, and have assisted in the design, development or testing of a technology product development.
- Very good knowledge of application development, testing and deployment methodologies and best practices.
- Strong comprehension of Integration architecture paradigms and SOA governance concepts.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal). Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking.
- Hand-on experience with noSQL DB preferred.
- TOGAF Certification preferred.
- Java Oracle Certified Expert preferred.