Join a dynamic company to align our sales strategy and sales execution and develop and train our sales talent to drive continued growth and excitement of our product. We’re looking for someone to bring sales methodologies to life and drive for consistent practices across our dynamic sales organization. The Director, Sales Training will provide engaging and results driven training curriculum to increase speed to productivity, sales process & methodology, administration and tools training and provide continuous learning in our sales organization. You will oversee Avalara’s sales training programs to ensure maximum effectiveness of our sales force serving new & emerging customers, existing customers and our partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop and facilitate standard and customized training programs centered around our sales, methodology, process and product positioning
- Facilitate learning related to our technology and total suite of product offerings, in addition to professional selling skills, sales process, and information about our partners and the industry.
- Work closely with sales leadership to understand current training gaps and conduct needs assessments on an ongoing basis to measure effectiveness and evolve training curriculum
- Streamline the salesonboarding process to improve time to productivity and consistent application of tools, methodologies, process
- Utilize adult learning principles that best fits the needs of the audience and content (online, classroom, conference, meeting, workshops or blended learning methods)
- Coach and counsel teams across the sales function toward effective and self sustaining sales skills.
- Focus on delivery and materials that provide effective, engaging, and results driven training
- Collaborate effectively with product subject matter experts, sales colleagues and other teams for relevance and effectiveness of training.
- Monitor participants results and use to improve or enhance training and provide additional development programs.
- Collaborate with sales leaders, sales engineers and sales operations teams to continually identify operational efficiencies and incorporate those into the training curriculum
RequiredEducation & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully develop and deliver sales training programs using skills in instructional design, program design & development, and training technologies.
- Experience as a sales rep in addition to sales training in a SaaS or software technology organization
- Track record of leadership success including coaching, mentoring, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of internal sales process and methodology.
- Strong reputation with leadership, direct reports and/or peers within current role.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and fundamental skills in the areas of training curriculum design and evaluation.
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to work autonomously.
- Management experience.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com
- Ability to travel +25%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively facilitate and adjust communication styles to the audience.