In this role, you have the opportunity to
Identify and gain an in-depth understanding of key global and local market drivers across the Health Systems care delivery continuum – prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery – to build market size and forecasting models. These models, and your insights generated through the modeling process, will be integral in shaping business strategy and driving the planning process within Philips.
Identify the most attractive market opportunities for Philips to pursue and provide key support in the evaluation of new product and business opportunities globally. This position will work side-by-side with the Group Strategy and Business Development teams, and will have a direct line of access to the Philips geographic market leaders and the Health Systems business segment management teams.
You are responsible for
- Build comprehensive market size and forecasting models (in excel)
- Develop expertise in your segment’s product offerings and market dynamics and generate insightful analyses for key executives across Royal Philips
- Collaborate on a project basis with Group Strategy and Business Development, business groups and markets organizations, marketing intelligence teams, finance, investor relations, and other key stakeholders to leverage the MA&F models and analytical capabilities
- Manage historical market share performance and develop competitor analyses for key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the markets and business groups teams to capture relevant data points and knowledge required to drive further model forecast accuracy
You are a part of
You will be situated within the Market Analysis & Forecasting team, which reports into the Head of Strategy at Royal Philips. The team is comprised of analysts covering the businesses and activities of the new Healthtech focused Royal Philips. The MA&F team is the analytical power house within Philips, providing fact-based market models and insightful analyses to key stakeholders across Philips’ business sectors and geographies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Candidates must have a university degree, preferably in, Engineering or Business / Finance (MBA, PhD or other relevant graduate degree is a plus).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an analytical role
- Proven background in healthcare market analysis (i.e., equity research analyst, investment banker or other relevant employment)
- Preference to have experience in diagnosis and treatment modalities (image-guided therapy, advanced molecular imaging, diagnostic X-ray, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound).
- Should have international exposure
- Successful candidates should (1) be comfortable networking both within and outside of Royal Philips, (2) have strong analytical skills and (3) possess solid presentation skills to deliver various market insights to key Royal Philips business group and geographic market decision makers. We expect our team members to exhibit a high level of integrity, stress resistance, flexibility and creativity.
- With key Health Systems locations across the world, the travel requirement is roughly 20%. This will include international travel.