Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s the internal IT systems, including our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms), that host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a fast-paced, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 6 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual, Corporate Security, and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy and rely upon a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide; and those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 1200+ software titles, as well as, monitor and implement security for the entire corporate network that consists of 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays and 120,000 network connections.
What’s the role?
The Infosys NetworkEngineering team is responsible for the design and engineering of Bloomberg Enterprise Network globally. Our mission is to provide the best network connectivity experience to our colleagues and help them serve our customers better. We are a small team that work very closely with each other and with other teams internal and external to come up with innovative design and solutions in the enterprise networklandscape including wired and wireless infrastructure.
What's in it for you:
You'll have the opportunity to work on a wide array of networking and securitytechnologies across different regions. You will work closely with Network Design and Information Security, Global SecurityArchitecture, Telecom Engineering and Wide Area NetworkEngineering teams. You will lead our efforts in strategic Network Automation, provisioning and work closely with virtualization team. In this role you will be spending about 50% of your time on automation and scripting in PERL, Python and Ansible. We are also in the process of improving network visibility and troubleshooting tools to benefit our operations teams and will look to you to work closely in this area.
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with Engineering and operation teams, come up with right solutions, adapt and enhance technologies already used in other parts of Bloomberg
- Test, evaluate and implement new networking products and technologies
- Take lead role in improving current Network Management and visibility tools in place
- Identify areas of improvement in provisioning space and implement changes as needed
- Provide Level 3 support for Network issues
You need to have:
- 5-7 years hands-on experience in the Networking field preferably in financial services industry
- Excellent knowledge of Cisco modular switches and routers, knowledge of Arista switches a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting skills at a network layer as well as the application layer. Ability to do packet capture and analysis is expected
- Deep understanding of networking protocols and best practices (e.g., BGP, OSPF, Multicast, STP, MPLS, Segmentation, VPNs )
- Hands-on experience with network management and monitoring, diagnostic and network analytics
- Advanced scripting skills in Python and/or Perl, knowledge of Ansible a plus
- Experience in managing ACS, Radius
- Good understanding of firewalls and security concepts, hardening of networkinfrastructure will be a big plus
- Must be able to perform individually with minimum supervision and work well in a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on urgency and manage time accordingly
- Excellent communication and organizational skills