Area Director, Franchise Services
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
As an Area Director, you will work to drive performance results of assigned portfolio hotels by continuously tracking market trends.
You will be responsible for productively engage owners, management companies, additionally designated franchisee representatives, on-site management, and internal Choice stakeholders.
The Area Director will utilize effective presentation and persuasion skills to motivate owners and operators to take action.
The Area Director’s goal will be to achieve the status of being a trusted advisor to franchisee owners and property level management teams and facilitate continuous improvement action planning to help generate incremental top-line revenues and guest satisfaction. The Area Director in this role MUST live in or be able to relocate to the region (Minnesota/North Dakota).
What you will do…
- Cultivate and maintain effective franchisee relationships as the key Choice franchisee contact, focusing on owner engagement and retention strategies.
- Deliver additional support and engagement tactics for prominent clients.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with all Choice proprietary systems and industry related support technologies including, but not limited to, Franchise Management System (FMS), Choice University online, choiceAdvantage, Rates Center, Medallia, Smith Travel Research, and company-supported price positioning software solutions (e.g. Rate Gain, Travel Click resources, etc.).
- Develop proficiencies to effectively interpret performance data through all internal and external sources.
- Monitor hotel revenue and yield performance indices, GIS and related guest satisfaction scores, brand ranking, Performance Zones compliance, QAR scores, and other metrics to identify greatest opportunities.
- Understand and utilize appropriate tools, checklists, and resources for applicable service delivery models to ensure effective and consistent On-Site and Virtual consultation services.
- Demonstrate mastery of virtual consultation delivery techniques. Understand when to preference the usage of virtual consultations over traditional, On-Site consultations.
- Drive top-line revenues at portfolio hotels through interactive pricing and demand management consultations. Support Rates Center and choiceADVANTAGE® revenue management features and practices, CRS and OTA strategies, proprietary revenue generation programs (i.e. Call Forwarding and Choice Privileges®), local sales planning, and participation in programs and resources from other Choice Hotels departments.
- Ensure high level of consumer (guest) satisfaction through interactive consultation to analyze GIS and related guest satisfaction metrics, third party site reviews, and prescription of appropriate resources for addressing guest satisfaction need areas.
- Develop priority-focused consultation agendas in advance of consultations. Ensure that property ownership and/or designated owner representatives or management company representatives are given ample opportunity to schedule themselves to attend all consultations.
- Review Zone Compliance standing and Quality Assurance scores. Initiate franchisee ownership and/or GM contact as required to ensure understanding of the status and to facilitate necessary curative activities.
- Generate required post-consultation follow-up correspondence to ownership, designated property representatives, management company representatives, and/or on-site General Manager. Maintain effective property and ownership documentation notes within Choice’s proprietary contact management technology systems. Regularly update contact management records, including General Manager, department head, and/or ownership changes within required time frames.
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of all business expenses through online expense reporting system. Manage business expense decisions, corporate credit card usage, and overall expense management within assigned budgetary guidelines.
- Remain currently informed of all Choice programs, franchise requirements, operating practices, market trends, and industry conditions to provide necessary information and support to franchisees.
- Monitor and improve consultation effectiveness through RVP feedback, periodic AD service surveys, and hotel stakeholder adoption of recommended action steps
- Provide material feedback to Regional Vice President of Brand Performance to communicate unusual property performance trends, ownership engagement issues, competitive intelligence, or other information that might prompt the consideration of joint intervention strategies.
- Support best practices for system entry support and ramp-up success in conjunction with Opening Services Department.
- Understand and support Choice Hotels training and educational programs and resources. Engage franchisees and GMs to support Choice University on-line, local, regional, and national training opportunities that address their needs. Ensure property level certifications are in place, including Choice’s requirement that General Managers be certified.
Core Interdepartmental Duties
- Support Choice Hotels franchise sales growth through engagement of franchise sales directors and ongoing interaction to ensure identification of franchise opportunities and development of leads.
- Actively participate in franchise association activities and communications, including current corporate initiatives, as directed by the RVP.
- Seek and share industry and market intelligence and best practices with peers, franchisees and corporate staff; become the eyes and ears, recognizing trends, threats and opportunities that can be exploited by franchisees and Choice.
Skills you have…
- Extensive corporate level, multi-unit hotel operations management and/or sales support highly preferred
- Requires minimum of five years relevant experience and/or hotel level leadership
- Full-service hotel experiencepreferred
- Ability to convey and apply revenue management principles and practices essential
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred; equivalent experience may be considered
- Must have keen analytic skills and data management abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, franchise industry savvy, and proven track record in driving hotel performance success
- Must have strong training, consulting, and persuasion skills
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have superior time-management and follow-through skills
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and able to balance multiple project support requests beyond ongoing portfolio support requirements
- Must thrive on exceeding goals and meeting deadlines
- Extensive overnight travelrequired (50% to 80%)