SUMMARY: The Value Stream Manager has broad responsibility and leadership for overall optimization of a value stream to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost targets are met and improved. This position will require collaboration with the product line management and sales team to balance priorities and meet customer demands. Ideal candidates will have strong manufacturing backgrounds and experience leading teams and measuring team performance. Strong technical knowledge is necessary to interface with engineering, business processes, suppliers, and customers. Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools will be a key part of successfully reducing waste in production. Drives team accountability through Daily Management process and reports out on metrics to top management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Responsible for leading and managing the Value Stream and its overall day-to-day business operations to the successful achievement of its production output and financial goals as measured through the profit and loss statement (P&L).
• Partners with BU leadership and Product Line Management to develop and implement product line strategies around NPI, Quality, and Cost.
• Partner with design engineering to ensure quality, manufacturability, and cost targets are met on new products introductions. Provide business case analysis on where we should invest sustaining engineering to drive cost out of current products.
• Improve overall productivity and performance by implementing and executing Lean Principles in accordance with the API Business System (ABS). Develop a culture of Lean and associated methodology for sustained growth.
• Drive continuous improvement by involving employees in the problem solving and decision making as well as recognizing them for exceptional work.
• Provides direction in developing and integrating new technology.
• Monitors, reviews, and directs operations by providing feedback and information regarding production standards and capabilities and how they relate to productivity and performance goals.
Directly supervises Department Supervisors, Planners, Engineers, Production Leads and Hourly Operators. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
• Set operational priorities and achieve key business measures and key performance indicators (KPIs) as established in the company’s Strategic Deployment (SD) process.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related field, AND
• 6 years of experience as a Manufacturing Management Professional, OR
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven ability to learn and apply modern production and material methodologies that may include Six Sigma, SPC, Kanban, 5S, Value Stream mapping, Design of Experiments, process capability, gauge R&R, hypothesis tests, SPC and other means to improve and control processes.
• Possesses understanding of quality system requirements.
• Electronics, government and military high reliability experience preferred.
• Financial and management systems experience preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with personnel at all levels within the organization.
• Ability to lead, direct, monitor, and maintain activities of organization.
• Ability to coordinate plans and activities of the corporation with plans and activities of the division.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.