Job ID #: 10720
NOTE: THIS ROLE WILL BE BASED IN EITHER MADISON, WISCONSIN, OR GENNEVILLIERS, FRANCE.
The Division Vice President will be responsible for planning, coordinating and administering the Business Unit’s accounting activities to meet the Corporation’s objectives for accurately and comprehensively gauging its operating performance, including recording and reporting financial progress, and insuring the continuing control and protection of its assets. The Vice President will also be responsible for leading the Business Unit’s information technology, data processing, and voice communication activities. This position reports directly to the Division VP/ Business Unit Manager, and has strong dotted line reporting to the Materials Analysis Division Vice President of Finance.
• Maintaining effective internal control of all business unit operations and locations toensure continued control and protection of its assets and an accurate reporting of its financial position.
• Providing management with monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of the organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities in accordance withthe Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Preparing reports which summarize and forecast Business Unit business activity and financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations in accordance with the Corporations reporting formats and requirements.
• Directing preparation of budgets, reviewing budget proposals, and preparing necessary supporting documentation and justification in accordance with the Corporations reportingformats and requirements.
• Arranges audits of business unit financials.
• Establishing and monitoring Business Unit accounting policies, programs and methods applicable to cost and inventory accounting and ensure that proper standard costs and inventory systems are maintained by plant accounting personnel.
• Directing special studies and analysis concerning economic and financial implications of existing and planned Company products and facilities.
• Performs due diligence on potential acquisition targets. Develops models, business forecasts and trend analysis to support these opportunities, as needed.
• Working Capital Management
• Coordinates internal and external audit requirements and US Sarbanes Oxley-404 (SOX) testing and compliance.
• Drives IT strategy as defined by Division Director of IT, and management of information technology, data processing, and voice communication to meet the continuously evolving needs of the business.
• Represent the company externally, as necessary, to government agencies and auditors.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and develop department staff and conduct annual performance evaluations
• Provide accounting policy orientation for new staff
• Oversight of global financial operations.
Experience and Qualifications:
• Masters Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
• Five (5) to Ten (10) years experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position in industry, and a CPA (preferred)
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. In addition, he/she should have experience establishing, integrating and modifying business and accounting systems, as well as managing various aspects of information technology.
• Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
• Working knowledge of short and long term financial planning, budgeting and forecasting, rolling forecasting, and product-line profitability analysis.
• Comfortably leading executive level strategic focused financial presentations
• Experience working in a global management matrix is a plus
• Small and large project/program orientation
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
• French GAAP, US GAAP and US Sarbanes Oxley-404 (SOX) experience required
• ERP implementation & management
• Fluent in both French and English required