Brenau University seeks energetic applicants who have:
- An earned Ph.D. in leadership or management.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching both traditional-aged liberal arts and non-traditional adult students at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. On-line instruction experience is also desirable. Teaching load is three classes per semester/ six classes per year.
- Previous administrative experience in academics is desirable.
- Previous professional experience with non-profit organizations is highly desirable.
- Past scholarship activities can include research and publication, and consulting.
- Primary chairresponsibilities include oversight of both graduate and undergraduate Leadership programs and faculty; development and/or revision of MSOL AND BAOL curriculum; creation and oversight of an advisory board; student advising; interface with administrative and support departments within the University; assistance with assessment and internal reports; coordination of class schedules and adjunctfaculty; participation in the department’s leadership team.
- Ability to work well with others, good communication skills, dependability and collegiality are essential within the department and the university.