- Provide on-site maintenance (field maintenance and urgent technical assistance), network configuration and telecommunications support for INSCOM systems and provide technical assistance (system help desk or parts support) to off-site locations through telephone, mail service, or other electronic communication.
- Survey, install/de-install and maintain telecommunications equipment and supporting infrastructure within Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF).
- Troubleshoot fiber optic lines and connectors to identify problems, and then take appropriate action to correct the problems in an efficient and timely manner.
- Install and de-install hardware including personal computers, communications closet components and all associated infrastructure supporting IT networks.
- Sanitize personal computers for disposal.
- Update and maintain active database of cable plant configuration and label cables appropriately to ensure accurate identification of cable locations and equipment supported by that cable.
- Update Active Directory objects within the enterprise to accommodate the moves and changes to network infrastructure.
- At least one year of experience as an IT technician, telecommunications specialist and/or communications/network
- At least one year of experience in IA technology or a related information systems security area
- Working knowledge of MS Active Directory and DHCP
- Working knowledge of IT and Cisco network infrastructure.
- US citizen
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance with SCI eligibility
- DoD 8570 Information Assurance IAT II certified
- Working knowledge of Nortel and Avaya networks
- Working knowledge of MS Office products
- Working knowledge of Remedy ITSM
- Knowledge and/or willingness to learn network connectivity.
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library V3 (ITIL)
- Working experience with DoD Civilians, military and contractors