WSP is one of the world's leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 37,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP, we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking a national Director, Communications to join our national marketing team at WSP in Canada. As WSP’s Director, Communications, the incumbent will oversee internal and external communications strategies across Canada to promote the incredible WSP culture, create a positive environment for WSP to realize its corporate strategy and business objectives and highlight what differentiates us as an employer of choice. Reporting to the National Vice President, Corporate Marketing, the Director, Communications will lead the development of the communication strategy, oversee internal and external communication campaigns. The Director, Communications will be the bridge for developing the message of how our business strategy is realized by our achievements, and contributes to supporting WSP’s culture and mobilizing all stakeholders behind our purpose.
- Oversight of internal and external communications team located across Canada;
- Direct external communication, public relations, media relations, and thought leadership-based white papers and publications;
- Direct internal communications, stakeholder relations, shared service relations and drive employee engagement;
- Ensure brand consistency and corporate messaging is integrated in all communication;
- Oversee the translation of all relevant communication to French;
- Oversee CASL regulations and ensure communication databases are managed for compliance;
- Collaborate with global communications team for alignment and coordination of key corporate messages;
- Lead communications WorkStream as defined by the strategic framework;
- Establish a communications calendar to proactively drive communication internally, externally, through social media, recruitment and stakeholder management;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- University degree in communications, marketing or an equivalent;
- 7 to 10 years of senior communications experience in a company of a similar type;
- Experience in a professional, corporate environment;
- Minimum three years of experience in a leadership capacity with prior management experience within communications:
- Experience in working with senior executive leaders (VPs, C-Level, etc.);
- Excellent writing and editorial skills;
- Depth of knowledge of a variety of communication media i.e. digital, social and traditional;
- Naturally curious and able to focus complex requests through to execution;
- French fluency is strongly preferred;
- Must be able to travel 10-15% within Canada.