Salt Lake City, UT
Industry: Aerospace / Defense•
11 - 15 years
Posted 377 days ago
Northrop Grumman offers a challenging career opportunity in our Software Engineering team within the Mission Systems sector at our Salt Lake City, UT facility. Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the
boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's software engineering team creating and maintaining unique software applications that interface with cutting edge inertial navigation and measurement systems used in military and civilian applications from undersea to outer space. We offer a friendly, casual work environment, great work-life balance and a 9/80 schedule that allows every other Friday off. Our site includes easy freeway access, an on-site cafeteria and state-of-the-art fitness center.
The position will challenge our new engineer with implementing complex algorithms and integrating software with hardware. The primary software products are object oriented designs in C++ within the Visual Studio environment, and newer programs are migrating to C#.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Independently design and develop new software using object oriented methods.
• Senior technical leadership in small peer development teams and department strategy.
• Mentor and train junior software engineers.
• Sharing of knowledge and best practices via presentations, white papers and communities of practice.
• Troubleshoot complex software problems in existing manufacturing equipment, then develop solutions.
• Maintain and update existing software applications.
• Lead collaboration with hardware engineering, manufacturing engineering and manufacturing. end-users to provide robust and user friendly applications.
• Analyze and document system/software design and requirements.
• Assist in software product estimation and scheduling.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) discipline.
• 14 Years minimum experience in writing software in an object oriented language, preferably C# and/or C++.
• Expertise in object oriented design & programming, software development fundamentals, and requirements analysis.
• 2 years minimum technical leadership experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with software product estimation, planning and scheduling.
• Prior exposure to an Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment.
• Multi-disciplined background or experience in other engineering fields.
• Experiencetroubleshooting hardware/software problems.