- Excelacom is seeking to hire a Human Resources Manager for our corporate office located in Reston, VA. The Human Resources Manager is a generalist with a strong recruiting background that is responsible for overseeing all aspects of HR in support of corporate management and geographically dispersed consultants.
- The ideal candidate will have served as an HR Business Partner and Manager in a professional services company. To be successful you must thrive on variety, change, and problem solving. As Excelacom fulfills its business plan for growth, the HR Manager will be a critical component by providing the ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contributions while being cost-sensitive. You must have demonstrated an ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and to the management team.
- Oversee the day-to-day HR activities and act as primary point of contact for immediate HR issues and concerns. Supervise the HR staff at the corporate headquarters.
- Establish and maintain constructive professional relationships with the most senior levels of the organization.
- Work with the executive team to continually improve an overall talent management strategy including workforce planning; recruiting; hiring; training and development; performance planning, management, and improvement; and succession planning.
- Contribute to recruiting qualified experienced resources.
- Oversee recruiters with focus on college recruiting and experienced hire recruiting.
- Oversee staffing functions.
- Oversee compliance with local, state and federal employment law and regulatory compliance. Consult with managers and executives regarding compliance issues.
- Work with immigration counsel to ensure compliance and timely and accurate governmental filing and reporting.
- Provide expertise and consulting on employee relations and communication. Counsel Managers and employees on routine to complex human resource issues including coaching, legal updates, performance management, progressive discipline, compensation, and benefits. Facilitate issue resolution between employees and managers, as required.
- Provide guidance on, and assist with, benefits administration.
- Oversees employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8years of direct Human Resources experience in a corporate environment with steadily increasing responsibilities.
- 4+ years of experience with generalist Human Resources responsibilities or as a Senior HR Business Partner.
- 3+ years of direct experience in implementing Organizational Development and change management. 3+ years experience administering a corporate benefits program.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of 4 or more employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proven experience establishing and maintaining connections with senior members of the organization; dealing with executives as peers and being perceived as such
- Flexibility to work extra hours when workloads and deadlines require.
- Strong effective communicator in the English language: writing, business presentations and in interpersonal communication.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as a team member with minimum supervision and exercise sound independent judgment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and multi-task assignments.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or other related field. Undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Open to travel up to occasional travel.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- HRexperience in a professional services company is highly preferred.