Execute the marketing and leasing strategy for commercial real estate properties. Responsible for overseeing the entire leasing process (start to finish) from generating initial prospect interest through qualification, lease negotiation and document execution. Manages and supervises assigned support team and third-party brokers.
Assists the Portfolio and/or Regional Manager in the overall marketing and leasing of a select group of commercial properties as follows:
- Execute the marketing and leasing strategy. Make recommendations and assist in the coordination of property improvements designed to supplement the leasing process.
- Maintain company and property visibility with the local brokerage and prospect community to maximize property exposure to the marketplace.
- Stay abreast of comparable properties, their pricing and competitive positions, to maximize occupancy and financial performance of company properties relative to the competition.
- Assist in and help expedite the space planning process and tenant improvement process to maximize “speed to lease”.
- Budget expected property rental rates and leasing costs (TI’s and commissions) and continually evaluate leasing and pricing performance against budgeted expectations.
- Prepare and review with the Senior Leasing Director, Portfolio and/or Regional Manager weekly leasing status and “pipeline” reports, as required.
- Screen incoming leasing inquiries and broker calls. Supply property information, show (tour) lease space, and quote lease rates. Qualify lease prospects. Track leasing prospects.
- Negotiate leases, renewals, and expansions. Prepare lease documents.
- Negotiate tenant improvement allowances and coordinate completion of improvements.
- Update and maintain Weekly Leasing Activity and prospect tracking “traffic” reports, as requested.
- Coordinate space planning and construction documents for prospective tenants.
- Develop and implement broker incentives to drive occupancy.
- Complete Competitive Property Surveys.
- Pre-lease or sub-lease tenant spaces, as required.
- Develop marketing materials such as flyers, brochures and mailers and update as necessary.
- Coordinate property and suite specific signage.
- Plan, coordinate and execute marketing and promotional events, open houses, etc.
- Participate in industry organizations and local civic events to network with brokers, peers, competitors and leasing prospects.
- A four year college degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of Property Leasing and marketing experience is required.
- Minimum 3 years experience working with Property Leasing team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial leasing process
- Knowledge and understanding of the space planning and tenant improvement process.
- Computer literate on spreadsheets, word processing and web-based marketing.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel at least twice a year for training.
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends with short notice.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Real Estate License is desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks. Coordinate, manage and communicate efficiently and effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to remain composed and flexible.
- Trustworthy and dependable.
- Self-motivated, creative and resourceful.
- Professional presence and appearance.
- Knowledge and understanding of real estate lawfinance, accounting practices and procedures.
- Good math and analytical skills.
- Basic understanding of construction methods.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
As an industry REIT leader and largest owner of flex properties in the United States, we recognize that our commitment to our employees is the foundation of our success! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive salary, bonus, and Company stock shares upon hire
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, including Flexible Spending Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
- 3 Floating Holidays in addition to accrued vacation days
- Accrual of 10 vacation days for the first year and 15 vacations days after 1 year of service
- No cost to employee Life & Disability Insurance with coverage amounts up to 2x annual earnings, inclusive of bonus potential
- 401(k) Company match after 1 year of service
- Opportunity to work for one of the most successful REITs in the industry