The Senior Cloud Operations Engineer will assist in keeping a complex, high-volume set of systems running optimally. From trackingstatistics and managing alerts to helping engineers in debugging intricate production issues and managing incidents, this role requires bothengineering and resource management skills. The position includes building out the appropriate tools and dashboards to make your own job easier, planning for future platform growth and anything else that comes up. Click here to learn more about our Tech Stack &Engineeringteam!
- AWS, CloudHealth, Docker, Datadog, ElasticSearch, and Loggly
- Work with engineering teams to keep the platform running optimally
- Come up with initiatives to continuously improve platform performance and reliability
- Track and optimize cost of infrastructure and operations
- Keep production software and packages up-to-date
- Make sure the infrastructure is scaling up and down properly
- Design, build and configure tools to monitor platform status and performance
- Publish up-to-date platform status and performance (uptime, latency, etc.) to stakeholders
- Set up alerts notifying teams before potential issues escalate to a service outage
- Help teams in debugging intricate production issues with the right tools
- Coordinate the on-call rotation to respond to production outages
- Help teams manage incidents and run post-incident analysis
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Perform security incident analysis and make sure actions are taken to eliminate the loophole
- Collaborate with pre-sales on handling information security questions
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a production operations role
- You have at least 3 year or experience with AWS in production
- You have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field
- You want to be hands-on and solve hard problems with engineers
- You love metrics and graphing them
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively
Why Join Zignal Labs?
- You'll join a team of bright, passionate people working collaboratively to build an amazing company!
- You'll be empowered to innovate and apply your intellectual curiosity to interesting technical & business challenges!
- You'll actively work to disrupt an established market with groundbreaking, bleeding edge technology!
- You'll be valued for who YOU are and for your contributions to the #ZignalLife
- You'll enjoy great benefits, catered lunches, awesome happy hours, stocked kitchens and abundant PTO!