SHAREPOINT ADMINISTRATOR (RIAASC-17-1963-F):
Bowhead seeks a SharePoint Team Lead to support; configure; and develop the SharePoint environments; which include Non-Classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR); Secret Internet Protocol Router (SIPR); main intranet portal; and team sites. Qualified candidates must have demonstrable experience in leading a .NET development team that utilizes C# and Visual Basic .NET for government customers. In addition to being a very skilled developer, it is highly desired to also have working knowledge of IIS, Windows Server, Authentication techniques, and application memory management to assist in troubleshooting application problems. This position serves as the lead for development planning and activities conducted during iterative cycle(s) of "build/code", "test", "review", and "refine" and develops functional web-based application, web-site, or SharePoint solution based on technical design requirements.
Other essential duties may include:
• Supervision and Team Building of SharePoint Services Team day to day activities; project planning; employee development; process improvement and service delivery capabilities as well as assisting with solving complex coding problems.
• Maintain and administer SharePoint services; including search; content hub and excel services. Develop; configure and maintain document libraries; enterprise lists and site collections.
• Manage SharePoint end user accounts; permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
• Support end users with all SharePoint related issues including developing training materials and provide training to users with varying levels of skills.
• Assist in the definition; development; and documentation of business requirements; objectives; deliverables; and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users; stakeholders; and customers.
• Assist with software development project plans; including scoping; scheduling; and implementation.
• Test recommended; emerging SharePoint and application development software products; languages; and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Assist with efficient upgrade or implementation of new software products; tools or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues and work with desktop support staff on deployment of necessary end user software.
• Liaise with network administrators; systems analysts; and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework; sites; and information.
• Enhance SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary.
• Generate website statistics and reports as needed; using custom or packaged tools.
Requirements • Bachelor's Degree (preferred) and five to eight (5 - 8) years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• Must have application knowledge of Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Office, Team Foundation Server and SharePoint 2013/2016
• Must have conceptual knowledge of 508 compliancy rules, Government software STIG process, AR25-2, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and database design
• A CompTIA Security+ or other Computing Environment Certificate is required prior to start
• Experience with IIS 7.0 (or higher) and Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 are highly sought
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts with varying levels of technical knowledge
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.