The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. These endeavors have been around for centuries and will continue to be a vital part of the global economy. We currently have a Director of Product Regulatory and Compliance position available at our global headquarters in Boise, ID.
The Director will be responsible for the development of the Product Regulatory Strategy for AgriBusiness, in addition to providing leadership, guidance and overall management for the Regulatory Affairs function. Responsible for planning, implementing and execution of strategies, while assembling the appropriate teams to support the business objectives. This role will build and maintain relationships with Simplot operations, sales, and marketing teams to ensure alignment between business objectives and Registrations and Regulatory standards.
- Ensure Federal Registrations team interacts and communicates effectively with the FDA around federal registrations of new products. Ensures team is aware of all federal legislation both in terms of compliance and potential changes, and that they communicate effectively with center lead regulatory and AgriBusiness around issues that could impact products and/or the business.
- Ensure State Registrations team, interacts and communicates effectively with state regulatory officials to ensure registration and compliance in each state, including active participating in industry work groups and associations.
- Drive and manage a team across Federal, State and potentially global registrations / labelling / licensing. Partners with various departments relating to, Food Safety Modernization Act, Safety Data Sheets, and Trade Marks.
- Manage third party consultants when required.
- Present to Simplot locations and/or teams throughout North America to promote the Regulatory Department and educate employees regarding regulatory affairs, license requirements, product registrations, and reporting.
- Understand strategic changes in the business and effectively translate that into necessary process, technology, structural changes in order to support the needs of the business and regulatory affairs.
- Provide active team leadership to include interviewing, hiring, and training/developing; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and coaching; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Work closely with marketing department relative to new product launches or product relaunches, to ensure the team can drive though label changes, and registrations that keep up with demands, and that any problems are flagged early and effectively resolved.
- Research and monitor regulatory requirements.
- Serves as the AgriBusiness point of contact for the Simplot Center Led Global Trade Management team.
- Bachelor's Degree from 4 year college or university
- Master degree in business and/or related technical field or PHD preferred.
- A minimum of ten years' related experience and/or training, with experience in a leadership role in a similar type business, including leading a Registrations and/or Labelling team.
- Must have strong registrations or science background with experience managing and developing a team.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to influence attitudes and actions of others across functional lines to achieve organizational goals is required.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), presentation, and organization skills required.
- Group presentation skills are essential.
- Some travel (15%) is required to understand the business and build relationships.
- Combination of education, training and/or experience will be considered for this position.