ummary of Position:
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 800 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Labor Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We have an opportunity in our busy and growing Boston office for an attorney to assume an important role in employment litigation, employment counseling and traditional labor matters, including direct contact with client representatives and opposing counsel.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Juris Doctor. Qualified candidates must be and remain licensed to practice law and in good standing in the state of employment. During employment, must meet requirements for continuing licensure for law practice.
- Entry level candidates with some labor and employment experience or an HR background will be considered, 2-4 years of experience in employment litigation defense preferred.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills are required.
- Top 25% of graduating law school class.
- Licensed to practice in Massachusetts.
- Federal Clerkship is a plus.
We are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Attorneys including: Comprehensive training and development programs including a Firm-wide Attorney Retreat every year, Firm sponsored CLE and bar admission expenses, Competitive Bonus Programs, 401K, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video) and an EAP Program.