This position involves the development of a new tool to evaluate the effectiveness of offensive cyber operations. We are looking for software developers with extensive experience in developing large scale applications. You should have significant experience in Java and Agile Software development.
We are interested in using the right tools for the particular task at hand, so you should be comfortable analyzing design requirements and either identifying existing technologies or libraries for adoption and integration or creation of new solutions. The application we are designing will be an important component to help shape Cyber as a warfighting domain.
In addition to experience in Java and Agile Software development we are looking for:
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- TS with SCI eligibility or active SCI clearance preferred
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is a growing employee-owned international research, engineering and technology services company. ARA supports career growth and rewards innovation, self-motivation, and technical excellence. ARA offices throughout the United States and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense technologies and services, civil technologies and services, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a combination 401(k) profit sharing and money purchase pension plan, annual bonuses, and professional development programs. We realize that employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. Our motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” encapsulates the culture that drives ARA’s success.
ARA is an EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran Employer.
ARA is an At-Will Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better.
Masters or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Security Clear Top Secret.