With 2016 revenues of approximately $10.9 billion, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: JEC) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947, the company now has nearly 54,000 employees that help us prosper in diverse industries by holding true to our values and culture. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, our global network spans more than 230+ offices in countries across North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa and Asia.
The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
- The CM must possess leadership and management qualities as both are required to successfully deliver projects. As a leader the CM must have effective communication skills to build consensus with project team members and stakeholders.
- The work may consist of new plant construction, retrofit / revamp projects and or construction turnaround and shutdowns.
- Upon award of the work, the CM will work with engineering to develop execution strategies and detailed plans to safely and efficiently execute the work in meeting client, business and project objectives. The CM directs his staff and contractors on project objectives and manages the work through others to ensure objectives are met.
- The CM must have a solid safety implementation experience and successful safety performance record. Familiarity with OSHA requirements is a must.
- The CM is required to implement a comprehensive safety process on the job site utilizing Jacobs HSE SOPS.
- Achieving Zero Incident performance is an expectation.
- Manages all on site construction functions in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the Company.
- Supervises all personnel at the site through subordinate leaders.
- Monitors performance and utilization.
- Functions as liaison between engineering and construction.
- 8-12 years of related experience with 5 years of experience at construction manager level.
- BS/MS in Construction Management or Architectural / Engineering Discipline is required. Significant relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a formal degree.
- Completion of OSHA 30 hour training program is desirable.
- The successful CM candidate must have recent and broad experience in the design and construction of biopharmaceutical, food and heavy process industry facilities. Types of work should include site development, infrastructure and utility installation (clean and plant), main process areas, finishing and packaging and support facilities to include labs and office buildings
- Experience with project $10mm and greater
- Pfizer Kalamazoo experience is preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects (15-20) in varying stages from concept through closeout.
- Client relations is a large portion of this position. Must have excellent history working with challenging clients.
Local candidates only. Relocation and per diem not offered. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.