Business Analyst ( Human Resources )
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Bank of Hawaii
In 1897, Bank of Hawaii was the first chartered and incorporated bank in the Republic of Hawaii. We’ve been here from territorial days, growing and changing with Hawaii. Today, we are the largest independent bank in Hawaii – a result of knowing our business and community, and always staying ahead of change. At Bank of Hawaii, we think of ourselves as forward thinking pace setters. We are constantly finding creative ways to deliver leading edge financial services to our customers. Now more than ever, we’re embracing change while using data and analytics to make informed decisions about our future.
It’s our analysts who help us succeed in finding and interpreting information and turning that information into actionable decisions. As a member of the Bank of Hawaii community, you will be among the very best in your profession in an environment that places a high value on integrity, innovation and teamwork. People who are agile, savvy, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial can learn and grow with us.
Does this sound like you?
Do you enjoy partnering with business units and providing a wide range of analysis? Do you thrive in an environment that leverages your abilities as a fast learner, good listener, and problem-solver? Are you a self-starter, comfortable with interpreting data into useful analytics? If you love challenges, relish complexity, and have moxie, consider applying your unique talents with a Hawaii banking leader – Bank of Hawaii. You will work with the business to ensure the highest standards of stewardship and control are maintained, all while driving continuous improvement and innovation. Welcome to your tomorrow!
A day in your life as a Business Analyst
Under the direction of the Manager, this position applies extensive knowledge of industry practices and standards to devise and implement business strategies and projects related to Human Resources. Assists in business unit’s compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act. This position is also responsible for demonstrating the Excellence in Sales/Service (ESS) philosophy by participating in and practicing ESS disciplines and behaviors.
We’ll give you these important responsibilities…
- Identifies and measures quantitative trends and develops recurring and ad hoc reports and recommendations relating to Human Resources programs, including the design and effectiveness of compensation and incentive programs, benefits programs, workforce metrics, etc.
- Provides support for the ongoing monitoring and execution of human capital strategies and initiatives, including determining and presenting the potential impact of such programs.
- Develops reports, proposals and presentations that evaluate the cost/benefit of various Human Resources programs and educate senior level decision makers, including Committee Members, on the merits and considerations of such programs.
- Identifies program needs and develops appropriate solutions or recommendations for implementation and maintenance of such programs (i.e. ongoing training, monitoring of legislative and regulatory developments, etc.).
- Coordinates collection and preparation of routine and special reports, including but not limited to total rewards, FTE and headcount, time and attendance, terminations, new hires, and transfers reports.
- Reconciles and validates data as necessary to ensure completeness and accuracy of information.
- Prepares quarterly metrics for the Human Resources dashboard.
- Studies procedures and workflows of a unit or program, and recommends process improvements to create enhanced business insights.
- Studies methods of improving work measurements or performance standards.
- Utilizes workflow tools to design and execute streamlined processes.
…if you come to us with these qualifications…
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution with major in business or related area, or equivalent work experience.
- 7 years related work experience (analyst, senior analyst or managerial human resource function with 3-5 years of responsibility focused on technical aspects e.g., HRIS, testing, management reporting, benefits analysis, compensation analysis, incentive plans, total compensation or total cash compensation analysis, etc. or working manager for one or more of these areas).
- Experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on HR metrics.
- Demonstrated proficiency and expertise with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and Power Point) or similar software.
- Knowledge of or ability to use Bank systems and software, including report writing software such as Crystal Reports.
- Familiarity with Lawson HCM System, Lawson Business Intelligence and Lawson Process Flow or other HRIS platform is preferred.
OTHER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and business analysis, and forecasting and trends analysis.
- Able to leverage experience determining, defining, tracking, measuring and reporting on HR metrics.
- Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.