Responsible for the development, implementation and documentation of the manufacturing process. Facilitates the manufacture of all products through continuous process improvement. Implements new processes to accommodate new part introduction or increased sales. Reduces material waste, improves quality, increases output and decreases downtime to improve profitability.
- Designs the ability to produce a quality product into the process.
- Develop measurement systems required to measure facilities metrics or key process indicators.
- Identify and analyze manufacturing problems to control and improve manufacturing.
- Initiate, manage & participate in safety, quality, cost & process control improvement projects.
- Participates in the ?team? process development concept.
- Designs and/or sources equipment for manufacturing processes.
- Manages capital budget projects as assigned.
- Assists R & D effort to implement new products or process into production.
- Develops all necessary process and audit documentation (i.e. FMEAs Control Plans, Capability
- Studies, Balanced Line Capacity Models, Flow Analysis, etc.).
- Assesses existing processes for areas of improvement utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts (Kaizen, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, etc.) Six Sigma, designed experiment techniques, capability studies, etc.
- Follows all city, state and federal regulatory legislation (RE: OSHA, EPA, RCRA, UST?s; CERCLA, ECRA, SARA, DOT, etc.).
- Evaluates and recommends implementation of competitive technology.
- Leads, where applicable, or works in conjunction with plant maintenance to ensure that the facility and equipment are maintained and updated consistent with short and long term goals and objectives.
- Provides training, as required, to associates.
- Leads, where applicable, or works in conjunction with Quality Assurance, to monitor and document quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor?s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Technology/Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education. Experienceworking with AutoCAD or Inventor preferred.
Three or more years?experience in process/manufacturing engineering. Specific technical knowledge may be required as applicable, cementitious, fenestration, extrusion, etc.
Safety and quality minded. Organized and detail oriented. Self-motivated and team oriented. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts. Knowledge of MS Office applications required.