The Senior Vice President, Strategic Sales and Business Development will be responsible for developing and leading revenue generating programs with partners and strategic customers. This position will lead a complex organization with both long-term revenue growth and tactical revenue retention goals. In addition to managing a team focused generating new activity with strategic clients, this sales leader must be capable of driving indirect sales activity by building joint value propositions with strategic partners. This leader will also be responsible for building a revenue optimization team that will focus on the renewal and uplift activity of base accounts. This individual must have a thorough understanding of the Data Center and IT industry, customer needs, knowledge of the competitive environment, and relationships in the telecommunications, content, and channel markets.
As SVP – Strategic Sales and Business Development, this individual will serve as a motivational and inspirational senior manager, capable of coaching and empowering individuals to enable them to fulfill their potential, while developing compelling business value propositions with our solutions, and ultimately facilitating the closure of sales while increasing productivity. The SVP will be required to collaborate internally, developing and maintaining trusted relationships with senior-level managers and other key personnel. This position reports directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
- Define and lead the overall go to market for indirect sales activity with channel and strategic partners at Tierpoint.
- Develop sales programs and lead execution with key strategic verticals and ecosystems. Track and report on progress and results.
- Identify revenue generating opportunities through indirect saleschannels such as referral and resale partnerships.
- Select partners, develop joint value proposition, and foster executive relationships to grow partnerships.
- Lead programs to target, create messaging, and develop strong relationships with Domestic and International Telecom Carriers. Lead Carrier Management activities to target and build their service capabilities within Tierpoint data centers.
- Expand the Content provider ecosystem through targeted campaigns, messaging, and sales development activity.
- Build and lead team focused on growing base account revenue through diligent focus on renewal and uplift activity.
- Develop and implement sales strategies and the associated sales cadence required to overachieve net new Monthly Recurring Revenue targets.
- Maintain executive contact with clients, focusing on the establishment and ongoing development of long term relationships.
- Analyze monthly performance of sales and channel funnels, revenue and other key operating performance indicators. Communicate daily with team leaders to identify and implement actions to address production shortfalls.
- Work closely with the team leads in all aspects of performance management to address skill gaps, resolve weaknesses, and manage performance improvement plans. Actively participate in the ongoing professional development plans of current employees.
- Ensure effective communications within the sales team, and with all key stakeholders within the wider TierPoint organization.
- Encourage and maintain competitive analysis and intelligence.
- Manage and encourage diversity in skills and capabilities.
- Ensure all TierPoint corporate policies are respected.
- At least 15years of cross-functional technology business and salesexperience, in the data center, telecommunications, managed services or IT services fields.
- 7-10 years minimum managing multi-layer teams.
- Experience leading indirect sales organization and developing new partner and alliance programs.
- Recognized as an industry expert in telecommunications and data center field with strong background in creating value propositions that target key market verticals.
- Excellent skills in all areas of strategy development, including go to market planning, project management, business analysis, problem solving, and consensus building.
- Excellent knowledge of big data trends (Internet of Things, Social Media / Content, Cloud Adoption).
- Demonstrable experience in applying knowledge of Hybrid, Private and Public Cloud architectures to sales solutions. Evident proficiency in articulating key drivers and use cases for moving workloads from In-House IT to Hybrid Cloud environments
- Strong understanding of competitive Data Center Exchanges and network providers offering Cloud Connection.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with quantifiable attention to detail.
- Comfortable working at the C-Level both with clients and internally.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to articulate, document and present concepts, ideas, figures, action plans, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and present straightforward solutions.
- Self-motivated, independent resourceful and adaptable.
- Excellent skills with Salesforce.com, analytical tools (Excel or others), and PowerPoint.
- Bachelordegree in business or technical field and MBA.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
TierPoint, LLC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.