This position focuses on advancing the capabilities and services provided by the Extrusion department.Partnering with Operations and R&D customers, this role will understand the clinical challenge, translate that to material selection and development oftechnologiesthat yield manufactuable processes.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety, product quality and compliance with the Stryker Quality Manual and its governing regulations.
- Partner with R&D in the development of Neurovascular catheter and delivery system components.
- Utilize comprehensive polymer knowledge (including fillers, marking additives and colorants) in the selection of materials for rapid product development.
- Develop novel and unique technologies and processes to deliver customer needs.
- Independently lead test method and process verification & validation activities for the production of extruded components or sub-assemblies.
- Ability to create and execute on new ideas not within work history.
- Perform engineering work related to design, procurement, fabrication, installation, documentation and qualification of manufacturing equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Lead improvement efforts related to the stability and capability of extruded component or sub-assembly manufacturing, Assist Prodction on difficult extrusion issues.
- Identify and implement CIP (cost improvement projects) for cost savings.
- Lead teams of technical team members (cross-functional and multi-site) to deliver technical extrusion deliverables success.
- Periodically provide effective Engineeringsupport to Extrusion production department, including troubleshooting process problems and influence key decisions in these areas.
- Train, mentor, and provide direction to Operators, Technicians, and Engineers.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, customers, and external regulatory officials. Technical report and excellent note records keeping required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering within a technical and/or materials discipline. Masters preferred
- 10+ years extrusion industry experience
- 3years medical device experiencepreferred
- Demonstrated history of development of new extrusion processes and technologies.
- Skilled in use of advanced statistical techniques related to tubing – online and offline.
- Hands-on proficiency in process development of tapered tubing, multi lumen tubing, multi layer tubing and wire and substrate coating.
- Ability to draw from variety of disciplines and industries and technologies to create innovative solutions.
- Know-how in best methods for tubing specification for any situation.