The VP of Technical Development role will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL but will requiretravel. The role isresponsible for creating innovative technical solutions, the cornerstone of our value proposition. This role establishes costing, planning,budgeting, designing and resourcing the technical aspects of the project/program. This rolereports to VP of PrecisionPlastics.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Provide Sales team with technical advice and support
- Initiate, review and validate all quotations for molding and mold making Gold and Silver opportunities
- Oversee each program’s life cycle from conception to closure with emphasis on technical soundness and resource efficiency; coordinate an orderly transfer to operations for program execution.
- Develop and revise statements of work, which include accurate time and cost estimates
- Establish program requirements, performance metrics and timelines necessary to meet customer expectations.
- Engage with customers to insure adherence to plan; and continually track customer satisfaction levels
- Research and introduce new technologies to insure Flex’s cutting edge position
- Assist in establishing all performance standards for each program (cycle time; scrap rate; OEE levels, etc.)
- Collaborate with the operations team in areas such as program testing/validation, quality control and implementation
- Play an active role in the PPG’s strategic decision making and planning; and will act as the “gate-keeper” “filter” when determining which programs we should pass on, or actively pursue
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, sciences or business; MBA is preferred. Typically requires 10 years of progressively advancing account management and/or business development experience with a thorough understanding of customer segments and market dynamics within plastics manufacturing
- Should have at least 7 years of focus within plastics
- Should have at least 7 or more years of experience focused in business development
- Technical Expertise - The role requires a broad business understanding and deep understanding of specialization in the area of mold making and molding. Performs highly complex work activities covering a wide range of disciplines including but not limited to technical, financial, quality, customer relations
- Ideal candidates will have a strong network with injection molding and also strong knowledge of medical device and consumer goods related products.
- Must be willing to report to the Buffalo Grove site regularly and open to travel
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Prior experience working for a contract manufacturer preferred
- Business Acumen - Manages and mitigates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies on solution development. Contributes to strategic planning and implementation.
- Communication –(listening) via questioning and inquiring to determine the pain points of the customer which our technical solution is designed to address; (presentation) effectively present and communicate (internally and externally) technical solutions
- Prior knowledge of Flex and sketch to scale a huge plus
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers