Job ID: 220649
Serves as a legal advisor for ministry markets within an assigned region, providing direction, guidance, and assistance on legal matters.
- Oversees and manages outside counsel engaged to represent a ministry market.
- Supports governance activities for the ministry markets within the region as assigned, including review of governance documents and serving as counsel to boards and/or committees.
- Leads complex legal matters and services for ministry markets within the region.
- Collaborates with legal practice area team leads, attorneys and the Shared Services Group to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of legal services.
- Supports, promotes and implements legal initiatives.
- Advances the implementation of policies and procedures in the ministry markets within the region.
- Collaborates with the Compliance and Risk functions in the delivery of legal services to provide legal advice and counsel.
- Ten years as a licensed practicing attorney required. Experience in one of the following areas: (1) Healthcare regulatory experience in federal and state regulatory matters including the Stark (Physician Self-Referral ) Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, Medicare Conditions of Participation, tax-exempt organization issues, HIPAA, EMTALA, peer review and credentialing (including HCQIA), facility and individual licensing laws and regulations, privacy/confidentiality, and consent to treat and advance directives; OR (2) transactional experience in healthcare joint ventures, acquisitions, physician contracts, professional services agreements and other transactions and contracts. Multi-site health systems or hospital systems experiencepreferred.