As a part of this team, you will have responsibilities spanning all phases of the software engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, code development, integration, verification, and documentation.
Assignments may include tasks such as developing software tools, supporting field demonstration efforts, providing customer support, and mentoring other engineers. The successful applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools as well as proficient in the development of embedded hardware/software applications.
Must Have Requirements:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Applicant must have a STEM degree in an applicable engineering or science field.
The successful candidate should be experienced in the following general skills:
* High motivation to solve problems and continuously improve existing products
* Desire to contribute to a results oriented product development team
* Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded hardware/software
* Strong verbal and written technical communication skills
* Ability to work well with a diverse team
* A genuine desire to learn and innovate
In addition to the general skills listed, the ideal candidate will bring experience from the following specific technologies and engineering tools:
* Software requirements and architectural skills with functional decomposition, subsystem interface definition, technology application, and analysis.
* Strong writing skills necessary to produce documentation required for security certification evaluation.
* Experience with embedded hardware and real time hardware systems.
* Experience with Eclipse, Jira, and Jama.
* Experience with Ada, C, Java or other high-order languages in an embedded application environment and experience with hardware centric products.
* Experience with Python test scripting.
* A working knowledge of Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing, or Kalman Filter Theory.