We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package: including health, dental and vision; paid holidays and vacation; 401K plan with employer match. Also each year, when profitable, Weston & Sampson makes contributions to the ESOP to continue to expand our tradition of employee ownership. The ESOP allows us to continue as a generational company, maintaining control of our own destiny. We all have a stake in our continued success!
Weston & Sampson is seeking a mid to senior level Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer/Engineer with a minimum 5-10 years of experience to join our MEP/FP group.
An ideal candidate will have Plumbing and Fire Protection Design experience. Desiredexperience would include analysis and Plumbing and Fire Protection design working in a multi-disciplinary professional engineering firm. A thorough understanding of Massachusetts State (and other New England States) Building Code is required. Candidate shall demonstrate a working knowledge calculating Fire Protection Systems including the application of electric and engine driven fire pumps, cisterns, wet and dry type sprinklers, kitchen and otherchemical fire suppression systems. A successful candidate must be capable of working independently with minimal oversight, be able to initiate detailed coordination with other building systems disciplines, and be capable of taking concepts to implementation.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct engineering, design and energy analysis services for both new and retrofit projects for a variety of facility types within the private, public and municipal sectors including but not limited to commercial, institutional, industrial, and educational facilities. Responsibilities will include field investigation of existing facilities, energy related services, shop drawing review, generation of reports and production of contract documents. Revit modeling and CAD, maintaining project documentation, coordinating with multi-disciplinary personnel located in both local and regional offices, sub-consultants, utility companies, equipment vendors and clients will be an everyday set of tasks. The candidate must have experience with dealing with multiple projects at a time. The candidate will ultimately be responsible managing junior and mid-level designers and engineers and project budgets for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Minimum of 5-15years of relevant design and related experience; at least 5years as a Plumbing/Fire Protection Designer or Engineer.
- Technical training in engineering systems
- BS from an accredited institution is desirable but not necessary
- PE/EIT desired but not required
- Proactive and results oriented
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and directing and overseeing junior staff work for same projects
- Training and mentoring junior personnel
- Must be capable of working safely at job sites in and around large mechanical and electrical equipment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- AutoCAD 2016 and/or above
- Revit 3D modeling
- ADA requirements
- Plumbing load and fixture counts
- Able to travel locally in New England and occasionally the east coast of the USA for project meetings and site investigation
- Valid driver’s license