At LMC, it’s all about the team. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, passion, and vitality. From high-rise buildings to garden-style communities to restoring historic locations, LMC Construction is proud of its adaptive approach, its dedication to sustainability, and its commitment to building great neighborhoods for people to call home. Above all else, we are committed to quality, communication, and integrity. Sure, we map out blueprints and communities, but we also map out careers. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Provides leadership for all on-site personnel and to manage all aspects of up to 7 different construction projects. The Senior Director of Construction is responsible for the support and supervision of all on-site construction and land development, including budget, scheduling, quality assurance and safety on the job site and to ensure compliance with plans, specifications and relevant building codes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides pre-development input of construction techniques and job cost.
- Provides oversight for value engineering for all pre-development projects.
- Establishes all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets.
- Manages options list and provides accurate pricing of each.
- Assists estimating department with providing qualified trades for the bidding process.
- Coordinates plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes.
- Manages compilation of GMP documents.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
- Oversees the preparation of weekly & monthly reports on project progress.
- Resolves subcontractor disputes.
- Provides documentation and directs Contract Coordinator in compiling subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee project set-up.
- Provides assistance to Vice President in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
- Directly supervises the activities of the Project Manager, Field Engineer, and Contract Coordinator.
- Perform performance evaluations.
- Ensures Associates and subcontractors are in compliance with company safety standards.
- Executes successful completion and close-out and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Addresses warranty issues and completes final documentation.
- Assist Safety/Environmental Director by representing the Company on OSHAinspections.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field is preferred.
- At least 5 years should be in a supervisor capacity.
- At least 10 years prior related work experience in multifamily garden, wrap, mid-rise and high rise construction.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of multifamily trades, ability to analyze construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Knowledge of PC and of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile. Must have a valid state approved driver’s license. Must be able to furnish a vehicle for use during the workday.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
This is a position which requires the Senior Director of Construction to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 60 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
- Arrive to work on time.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Follow directions from a supervisor.
- Interact will with co-workers.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Accept constructive criticism.