Industry: Healthcare IT•
5 - 7 years
Posted 420 days ago
Atkore International is an industry leader in the manufacture of Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
Our portfolio is comprised of two reporting segments (Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products & Solutions) and three business units, Cable Solutions, Conduit & Fittings (Electrical Raceway) and Mechanical Products & Solutions. We are around a 1.5B International company that went IPO (June 10, 2016). Our Global locations range across the US, China, Australia and New Zealand. We have roughly 3100 employees.
Opening and Location
Atkore Plastic Pipe Corporation, a part of Atkore International, currently has an opening for a Human Resource Generalist located in our Binghamton, NY facility.
Reporting and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources – the Human Resource Generalist’s primary focus will be to perform HR-related duties on a professional level and work closely with senior HR management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Administers the compensation program and monitors the performance evaluation program.
• Develops and maintains affirmative action program; prepares EEO-1 report annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program and writes and places advertisements.
• Consult with managers and supervisors on absenteeism, turnover and workforce data and take actions where necessary
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
• Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Assist in monitoring the skills and capabilities of those assisting with or leading EHS programs, recommend training, and provide day-to-day coaching, feedback and functional direction.
• All other assigned duties
• A bachelor’s degree and three to five years’ human resource experience, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Bilingual abilities, both written and verbal, are preferred
• Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace
• Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
• Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner
• All associates must embrace and foster and environment that supports our core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Benefits and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Atkore International offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.