The Director of Software Engineering will be responsible for keeping assigned projects on track, ensuring the right resources are on teams to reach milestones. He or she will also direct our software engineering Management Team to help develop their team members’ coding and problem solving abilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BS Degree CSC/CPE or minimum of 5-7 years of relevant software development experience
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading technical employees (preferred)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be receptive to suggestions for changing and improving the way work is accomplished.
- Set an example by working hard.
- Handles crises and stress calmly and effectively.
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- Is effective in following through on responsibilities.
- Makes people feel that what they do has meaning and significance in regard to the success of MINDBODY.
- Gives others recognition for their contributions.
- Is approachable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Works with engineering management teams to keep projects on track
- Works directly with our Sr. VP of Software Engineering to ensure optimal engineering team performance and maintain an exciting work environment
- Oversees high level technical decisions on assigned teams
- Can coach devs up or out due to code quality and output