Position Summary: The Director of Financial Planning and Analysis is the financial business partner to the Region President. The Director is responsible for interpreting and communicating monthly financial results, providing analysis to help identify root cause, perform analysis to evaluate scenarios and set direction, and lead the budgeting and forecasting process for the Region. The Director will also manage and provide direction to multiple Managers of Financial Planning and Analysis and/or Senior Financial Analysts who are the financial business partners to a set of Divisions. The position has direct line accountability to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and dotted line accountability to the Region President.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 10+ years accounting or finance experience in progressive roles.
• 10+ years supervisory experience: training, coaching, and motivating direct reports.
• Business acumen with analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Self-motivated individual with initiative and ability to work independently.
• Strong work ethic and the ability to meet tight deadlines on multiple projects.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and internal staff.
• Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs.
• Ability to work with large amounts of computer data. Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and internal staff.
• Ability to take ownership and be accountable for issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Must present a highly professional image and attitude.
• Highly organized, detail orientated and capable of multi-tasking.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with Regional President and Senior Leadership Team in the development, implementation, and performance tracking of key strategic initiatives.
- Negotiate skillfully through tough situations with both internal and external customers; win concessions without damaging long-term relationships.
- Engage proactively with a ‘roll up the sleeves’ mentality; dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal customers.
- Manage the preparation of financial/operational reports and ad hoc financial analysis.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data, quantifying financial opportunity and risk, and communicating the optimal business decisions/actions.
- Analyze and communicate complex financial scenarios and issues to cross functional leadership.
- Perform root cause analysis and partner with executive and/or divisional leadership and other functional areas to drive proactive solutions through process and technology solutions.
- Develop financial analysis tools to assist in management decisions.
- Lead and/or participate in business initiatives and special projects.
- Manage the development of annual operating plans and divisional budgets.
- Manage the continuous development and improvement of the department.
- Lead the professional development of staff including establishing and monitoring goals, providing performance feedback
- Directly supervise the department including interviewing, hiring and training.
- Travel requirements of 25% to 50% to provide on-site support to executive and division leadership.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.