AECOM is seeking an experienced manager for our Management Trainee Program to support new and existing domestic business units in the deployment, implementation and operations of industrial Facility Maintenance and/or Production Maintenance systems and programs.
- As we acquire new business, this role will provide onsite support in the start-up of that new business.
- Work hours and work locations will vary based on critical business demand.
This position requires up to 80% travel during the first 6 months to 2 years of employmentto start-up, operate and/orsupportour business at worksites nationwide.
- Site support at these locations may last from several weeks to 3-4months, with returntravel to home base provided by the Company and coordinated with the operational needs of the location.
After this initial training period, incumbents must be willing to relocate to an assigned client location that is mutually agreed upon by both the incumbent and the Company. This is a rotational assignment and may require additional relocation.
Theexperienced operations Start-up Manager’sresponsibilities include overall operation of facility and production maintenanceinfrastructures.
- Leverages team-building and organizational management skills to ensure the success of business startup and expansion.
- Manages the operation and completes tasks to the satisfaction of each client, consistent with cost, schedule and contractual requirements.
- Develops, presents, and manages compliance to key performance indicators.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises activities and distributes workload to maintain productivity and quality objectives. Interfaces with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
In addition, this position isresponsible for all basic managementresponsibilities including, but not limited to: staffing and development, evaluationand recognition, leadership, and employee relations.
- Researches and formulates related policies and procedures to ensure all associated administrative procedures are current and audit ready.
- Coordinates and monitors the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
The experienced Operations Support Manager ensures the safety and well-being of employees, safeguards company funds and property, and generally represents AECOM in the field with respect to the client.
- Directs overall facility and/or production maintenance operations, focusing on keeping all equipment in an operating and functional condition by directing a workforce consisting of technical and non-technical employees.
- Influences, develops and controls budget, costs, staff and vendors by planning, scheduling, implementing processes and drafting procedures.
- Utilizes strong organizational and problem solving skills and creative thinking to introduce and manage change in order to achieve continuous improvement.
- Initiates and communicates a variety of personnel actions; e.g., employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving overtime.
- Establish and maintain effective two-way communications to understand the needs and concerns of employees; communicate employee attitudes and expectations to higher management; properly manage employee personal information.
- Identify and maintain accountability for company assets within assigned area and ensure employees understand their obligation to protect company assets.
- Demonstrates leadership by example and shows integrity and candor in all actions.
- Works proactively to identify potential project problems or opportunities, analyzes these issues using appropriate resources, and develops and implements optimum alternatives.
- Develop and recommend long-range goals and short-range objectives as well as plans and practices to produce optimum results. Direct day-to-day operations to attain established goals and objectives. Monitor performance against approved plans.
- Clearly understands AECOM scope of work and contract requirements for the area of responsibility.
- Supports AECOM management as the designated AECOM agent for all discussions and negotiations with customers.
- Supports or conducts formal presentations to clients and/or management.
For more information, please contact Tracy Story at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Within AECOM, our group provides facilities and production maintenance services for our clients’ industrial, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, distribution, and commercial sites worldwide.
- We run our own crews of Production Maintenance Techs, CNC Service Techs, Automation Techs, IndustrialElectricians, Maintenance Mechanics, Industrial HVAC Techs, Planner/ Schedulers, Supervisors and safety professionals inside our customers’ facilities to keep their infrastructure operating smoothly.
- Check us out at https://youtu.be/8gwbf-_Jt-Q
- Come join our team!
- Bachelor's degree in facility management, business administration, engineering, or related technical field plus 6 years of management level experience in industrialFacilities or Production Maintenance; OR
- Associate's degree in facility management, business administration, engineering, or related technical field plus 10 years of management level experience in industrialFacilities or Production Maintenance; OR
- 14 years of management level experience in industrialFacilities or Production Maintenance.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- This position requires a valid Driver’s License.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- This position will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
- This position may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
- Some tasks will require repetitive wrist movement.
- Some tasks will require the ability to walk extensively throughout facilities during a workday.
- Requires the ability to climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs as needed during a workday.
- Requires the flexibility to bend/stoop, squat, kneel, reach/stretch, and move in a 90-degree fashion during workday.
- Requires the ability to differentiate colors pertaining to wire color-coding.
- Requires ability to read and understand information contained in a variety of documents or displayed on a computer screen.
- Requires ability to use a variety of office equipment and to operate a computer keyboard to access data bases, to send/receive messages and to prepare documents.
- Requires ability to attend meetings throughout the site and potentially travel to other AECOM, customer and/or vendor locations in the area, as well as some air travel to more distant locations.
- Requires the ability to communicate with others on the telephone and in one-on-one or group discussions, meetings and presentations.
- Demonstrated fluency in computer use including the full Microsoft product line.
- Requires some moving of light to medium weight materials into desks, filing cabinets and other storage locations.
- Requires the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
- Wear steel toe safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hard hats and other Personal Protective Equipment as needed.
- Cope with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
- Two years of experience in a leadership position demonstrating the ability to analyze Facility or Production Maintenance related problems (i.e. Electrical, Controls, Automation, Robotics, Mechanical); then recognize and determine solutions (engineered or otherwise) for resolution. This includes but is not limited to; opportunities for improved asset reliability, improved quality results, safer work conditions, and lower maintenance cost, improved work plans to increase efficiency.
- General working knowledge of all industrial production equipment & systems in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience managing a multi-skilled work force to deliver positive results.
- Experience utilizing a CMMS, preferably SAP and Maximo.
- Experience in creating Power Point presentation and giving presentation in front of large audiences
- Experience creating metrics and data mining for driving performance results
- Experience utilizing Continuous Improvement disciplines such as Six Sigma, Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, 4 M’s, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites with emphasis on the ability to navigate and formulate within Excel and Access
- Experience with applying reliability concepts including but not limited to TPM, root cause analysis, RIW’s, and RCM
- Experience generating cost savings through multiple continuous improvement activities.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required. May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Work schedules can change based on critical business needs.