Leadership ▫ Operating Excellence ▫ Focused Initiatives ▫ Resourcing ▫ Dramatic Growth
Baldwin's culture is a caring, collaborative and people-centric environment designed to unlock the potential in every team member, and was developed in 2014 based on the collaboration of approximately 600 global team members.
Our company lives by the Baldwin Leadership Disciplines (BLDs), a unique list of ten guiding leadership principles. These principles support the vision for our company culture and guide our team members to innovate continuously, take action and communicate effectively with kindness and respect, and inspire both colleagues and customers to seek excellence. Team members are encouraged to celebrate all successes, both big and small. Through these principles, Baldwin will ensure a strong and secure future.
POSITION DESCRIPTION – Baldwin Technology Company, Inc. has an immediate opening for a General Manager of our River Falls, WI facility within our AMS Spectral UV Segment. The primary responsibilities of the General Manager are to provide local leadership and oversee Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering, Customer Service, financial Results, and coordination of the Sales, Inventory and Operations planning processes. The River Falls facility of 50+ people currently generates annual sales in excess of $25 million and operates in a high growth market segment. This cross-functional position provides leadership to the AMS Spectral UV, River Falls facility, and collaborates with AMS Spectral UV’s other production facility in Slough, UK.
- Leadership: Lead, direct, and optimize the overall operations of the River Falls facility.
- Innovation: Enable the team to drive its dramatic organic growth as the #1 provider of high-powered LED systems in the world and industry–leading profitability levels.
- Collaboration: Work with other Segment leaders to develop strategies to achieve our operating plans.
- Continuous Improvement: Leads the development and deployment of manufacturing practices focused on quality and lean principles, set policies and makes decisions guiding productivity, quality, and cost efficiency of operations with low warranty costs.
- Financial: Establish processes to collect metrics, analyze productivity and set performance targets that will meet revenue and cost goals.
- Strategy and Vision: Direct plant level support functions including engineering, materials, quality assurance, customer service and CPD to ensure alignment with overall business segment.
- Safety and Wellness: Ensures robust plant safety and security procedures and training are in place and that operations are in compliance with all required regulations.
- Truly Human Leadership: Steward the Baldwin Leadership Disciplines with the team and ensure that we maintain harmony between people and performance.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field and a minimum of eight years of relevant experience.
- Broad Business Perspective; commitment to integrated teamwork in decision-making, combined with disciplined prioritization.
- Previous leadership experience with demonstrated ability to lead people and get results and success through others within a manufacturing environment.
- Managing multiple priorities in production environment; providing support to meet the manufacturing schedule while maintaining quality and compliance.
- Training, coaching, leadership and facilitating meetings.
- Working with cross-functional teams, including Quality, Manufacturing Technical Services, Facilities, Engineering and Finance.
- Leadership in troubleshooting, root cause, risk analysis, the implementation of improvements to technical and business processes.
- Supporting direct reports who have leadership responsibilities; making tactical decisions on safety, process, scheduling and personnel- related issues.
- Financial acumen and understanding how to use data to make decisions and set strategic priorities.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.