Jr. Software Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
Responsibilities Quantum is currently seeking a Junior Engineer with 2-5 years’ experience to participate as a team member of Software Airworthiness and Safety team for a critical Army PEO Aviation program. As a member of the team work alongside other contractors performing software airworthiness and safety analysis of requirements, design, code, and testing. Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide weekly and periodic status reports and technical reports as requested.
• Preview software requirements, design, and verification tests and analyses, documentation and or models for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
• Review software source code, code generation processes and models, and build procedures, etc for compliance with software airworthiness and safety qualification standards and requirements
• Participate in IPTs, software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews, as requested.
Requirements Qualifications, experience, or knowledge in the following areas are essential:
• 2-5 Years’ experience in Software development or V&V analysis experience with a critical system similar to safety critical aviation system:
• Ability to express engineering findings orally and in written technical reports;
• Software development/lifecycle IEEE 1207, MIL-STD-498, etc:
• Familiarity with one or more software languages; C, C++, C#, Ada;
• Familiarity with Civil and military airworthiness qualification and Software Safety requirements such as: DO-178B, DO-278, and DO-254.
Required Education/ Skills:
• BS degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Software Development with relevant work experience related to the safe design and operation of software intensive systems.
• A current SECRET Security Clearance is required.
Experience or knowledge in the following areas are highly desirable:
• Embedded software development to industry best practices
• Software development processes for Flight-Critical and Safety-Critical Software; Rhapsody, DOORS, SCADE, etc.
• Software development and evaluation tools such as: McCabe, LDRA, Coverity, Klocwork, Polyspace, Understand, etc.
• Systems engineering development processes.
• System Safety and Software Safety requirements IAW MIL-STD-882, JSSSEH, AMCOM REG 385-17, SAE ARP 4754, SAE ARP 4761, IEC 61508, ISO 26262;
• Open Group (OMG) Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE) standard;
• System Theoretical Process Analysis/System Theoretical Analysis Management Process (STPA/STAMP)
• Must be a pro-active, self-starter.
• Ability to work as part of a diverse contractor team (multiple companies).
• Experience interacting working in technical decision-making working groups required.
• Motivate and customer focused with a drive for quality technical results.
• Must be able to work in a high pressure environment and have the individual flexibility to work multiple actions simultaneously and resolve time sensitive tasks.