The Senior Superintendent coordinates field operations for subcontractedtrades on a project. Superintendents ensure thatconstruction work is completed according to a project’s planned sequence andschedule, and implement and enforce pertinent safety and quality control procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate installation of work in accordance with the contract documents, project schedule and the planned sequence of work.
- Be aware of project milestone dates and the requirements to achieve them.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Contract Documents and the scope of work for the specific area(s) or trade(s) assigned.
- Develop an understanding of the duration of each activity.
- Apply knowledge of equipment capability and develop plans for optimum utilization.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment that have a direct effect on the area(s)/trade(s) assigned.
- Supervise field work force to assure that all work is put in place in the most cost effective manner.
- Know the budgets for work that is being supervised.
- Determine causes and develop remedies when costs are not in line with budget, estimate, and/or reasonable expectations.
- Implement the safety program. Conduct regular, scheduled and unscheduled, safety inspections to assure all working conditions and work habits are in compliance with company and government standards.
- Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all of the company's safety standards, manuals, and procedures.
- Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline preferred
• 10+ years of construction management experience in a field supervisory role are required.
• Demonstrated ability to direct the work of others including subcontractors and suppliers
• Working knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
• Well versed in safety and government regulations with success in implementation on a job site.