· Partnershipwith staff and easy access to doctors to optimize quality patient care.
· #1 operating point of care system/ Home Care Home Base.
· Ready access to professional resources such as wound care and rehabilitation specialists.
· Weekly team conferences to optimize patient care through open discussion with the interdisciplinary team.
· Flexible scheduling.
· Company provided scrubs.
· A Competitive salary package which includes a 401k match.
· Mileage reimbursement.
· Fast advancement opportunities in a rapidly expanding innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
· A unique opportunity to provide care with specialty programs that focus on disease pathology, Health Literacy, and treating the whole patient.
· Agency is a Member of the National Association for Home Care.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician to homebound patients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance, using various therapeutic modalities. . Documents all treatments in findings in the electronic medical record and reports any significant changes of condition to the physician.
· A current unencumbered State professional license.
· One yearexperience as a home care professional physical therapist and competent in performing comprehensive assessment and OASIS-C preferred.
· The ability to make sound professional clinical judgment.
· The ability to assess and document patient needs and formulate individualized patient care plans to meet those needs.
· Proficiency in clinical skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and is able to read, write and comprehend English.
· An automobile to be used for work, current driver’s license, good driving record and proof of insurance.
· Proficiency in personal computer use, including email, clinical, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
· Under the physician’s order, admits patients eligible for home care services within 24-48 hours.
o Assess and evaluates patient needs/problems, identifies mutually agreed upon goals with patients.
o Reports patient status and need for other disciplines to agency Clinical Supervisor and referring physician. Reports to assigned follow-up Clinician as indicated.
· Develops patient care plan that specifically addresses identified patient problems and goals. Updates care plans on an ongoing basis; revises and resolves patient problems and goals as changes occur and/or at recertification.
o Completes admission paperwork to include checklist and submits to Clinical Supervisor per agency policy.
· Provides physical therapist services including assessment, evaluation, procedures, teaching and training activities as outlined in the patient Plan of Care.
o Provides Physical therapist visits according to visit schedule and notifies agency of need to alter schedule in any way.
o Reports significant findings to patient’s physician and Clinical Supervisor as they occur.
o Re-assess patient for effectiveness related to goals, continuing or discontinuing service, changes to goals or care plan update, objective evidence or statement of expectation of continued progress toward goals at the 13th and 19th visit, or at least every 30 days.
o If more than one therapy discipline is providing services, the re-assessment will be conducted on the 10th-13th visit or 16th -19th.
· Submits completed physical therapist visit notes; communication notes and home health aide supervisory notes per agency policy on designated days as requested by Clinical Supervisor.
· Submits change orders per agency policy.
· Performs all OASIS time point assessments per Medicare Criteria and per agency policy and procedure.
· Maintains open lines of communications to all members of the continuum of care team.
· Acts as a preceptor in the orientation of new physical therapy staff as requested.
· Attends staff meetings, team conferences and educational in-services per agency requirements.
· Participates in Process Improvement (PI) program by assisting with collection of data and serves on PI team upon request.
· Participates in discharge planning process per Medicare Criteria and agency policy and procedure.
· Follows agency policies and procedures.
· Performs these and all other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
The hours are Monday-Friday 8-5with weekends and holidays off. There is no oncall.