ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the creation, improvement, and implementation of innovative sales strategies to drive ChemTreat’s position and increase share within the assigned geography.
- Develop key relationships with customers through the following methods: identify and engage key decision makers within existing accounts, prospect and cold call generation, frequent follow up, utilize strategic questioning, and drive to root issues to identify customers’ needs.
- Increase sales and profit margin within the territory by meeting assigned targets for profitable sales volume and margin dollars.
- Engage technical staff and management as needed to develop retention and growth strategies.
- Establish professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts.
- Create and present effective proposals to current and prospective customers
Communicate the ChemTreat value proposition to the customer base
Troubleshoot technical and site-specific process issues
- Attract, interview, and screen new candidates at various levels
Effectively audit key unit operations
- Entertain customers and prospects in accordance with ChemTreat’s entertainment policy
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset
- Balance of self-confidence and humility
- Ability to be a team player and partner well with others
- Required ability to identify issues and develop practical solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (emails, comprehensive service reports, proposals, etc)
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Industry knowledge specific to water treatment including familiarity with various applications
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors of Science; Engineering or technical degree preferred
5+ years of successful water treatment related experience
- Proven track record of generating sales revenue and maintaining and growing an account base
- Travel dependent on size of assigned territory
- May require long hours & varied work schedules
- Constantly required to sit and occasionally required to walk, stand, climb (includes stairs), balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell
- Constantly using hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, and computer keyboards.
- Routinely required to reach with hands and arms, squat, turn/twist, or reach, lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds and sometimes required to maneuver drums weighing 250-800 pounds
- Occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders and work at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to drive both short and long distances, not to exceed DOT regulations
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- The Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- Required to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for deliveries which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective apron, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields.
- Occasionally in extreme heat conditions
- Required to use ear plugs for hearing protection
- Both Indoor and outdoor sites may have high noise levels
- Site location may be at a boiler house
- Outdoor site can be located at a cooling tower, water plant, wastewater plant, or a process area.
- Use of hazardous chemicals is routine.
- Collaborative working environment working; position touches all levels within the customer organization
- Trust and respect for customers and ChemTreat field and leadership teams