GENERAL SUMMARY: The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. The AM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth and A/R management within their assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas’s sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer’s business.
- Engages customers by linking the customer’s business priorities to Airgas’s value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, credit terms, estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’s production/delivery schedules and internal processes.
- Keeps current with industry insights and monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace information including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financialrisk.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits salesreports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager (DM).
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- A minimum of 3 years of prior outside salesexperience to include proven experience in solution selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory.
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Knowledge of customer segmentation and ability to apply to prioritize the targeting of customers delivering the highest value to Airgas.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong PC skills (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, email) with ability to acclimate to a PC based order entry system and wireless, hand held scanning device. Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.