Director Medical Services Oncology Administration
our Career. Made Better.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital at Washington University Medical Center is the largest hospital in Missouri and is ranked as one of the nation's top hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Barnes-Jewish Hospital's staff is composed of full-time academic faculty and community physicians of Washington University School of Medicine, supported by a house staff of residents, interns, fellows and other medical professionals. Recognizing its excellence in nursing care, Barnes-Jewish Hospital was the first adult hospital in Missouri to be certified as a Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine is an international leader in cancer treatment, research, prevention, education and community outreach. It is the only cancer center in Missouri and within a 240-mile radius of St. Louis to hold the prestigious Comprehensive Cancer Center designation from the National Cancer Institute and membership in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Parent institutions Barnes-Jewish Hospital and Washington University School of Medicine also are nationally recognized, with U.S.News & World Report consistently ranking the hospital and medical school among the nation's elite.
Responsible for coaching and directing an integrated team of people in the delivery of high quality patient care services. Provides leadership of inpatient and outpatient clinical operations for Oncology through positive role modeling of our mission, vision and values. Role models service excellence and builds teams that collaborate with others to serve and exceed the expectations of the hospital's customers. Establishes a collaborative alliance with the medical staff and ancillary departments. Champions pro-active employee relations, manages conflict and/or change towards productive outcomes. Strives for continuous improvement and business results that meet/exceed every customer's expectation.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Ensures the delivery of services meet all professional standards of care within accountable areas of influence at all times.
- Sets the department priorities in alignment with the priorities of the organization.
- Analyzes trends and statistics to promote efficient utilization of resources and promote quality improvement.
- Ensures effective coordination and collaboration with chiefs of medical staff.
- Plans, develops, and directs operations of oncology patient care services and integrates services with other departments.
- Master's Degree
- 2-5 years
- 2-5 years
Licenses & Certifications