The Senior Programmer Analyst - Financial Systems role is to analyze, design, create, and maintain financial software applications to ensure the supported systems run smoothly.
This role includes designing, configuring, developing, testing, integrating, implementing and supporting RPG software programs and applications. This role also provides 24/7 on-call support on a rotational basis.
This role will research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the product lifecycle. This role also serves as a contact with the user community for solving business issues as well as collaborating with the team to ensure all recommended solutions are sound.
- Provide a system support role for day-to-day systems operations.
- Collaborate with internal partners in conceptualizing and development of software programs and applications.
- Participate in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Liaise with other technical staff to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems at Parks Technologylocations.
SCOPE: Follow established Universal Parks Technology methodologies and provide input to improve practices. Use established development and support tools to meet Service Level Agreements. Use established project management tools to report project status for IT dashboards and reports and tracks time for approved projects. Work directly with Parks Technology management and participate in regular meetings with the user community. Qualifications/Requirements QUALIFICATIONS:
- Microsoft Office
- Good understanding and execution of monitoring and alerting practices
- Good understanding of data integration tools and experience working with at least one tool
- Good understanding of AS400/IBMi
- Good understanding of OS/400 and DB2
- Good experience with development tools
- Estimating work or project effort for proposed solutions
- Excellent ability to design and develop custom integrations, data extracts and loads
- Systems and Business Analysis
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams
- Customer Service Oriented
- Analytical Thinking
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations
- Reasoning ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to manage a high volume of detail with excellent accuracy
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers
- Database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters
- Provide off-hours on-call support
- Proficient using RPG language
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, IT, or Business is required.
- Master’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, IT, or Business is preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of work experience in an IT Design, Development and Support function
- Experience supporting financial applications in planning, execution of installations, and upgrades in support of a multi-location application
- Experienceapplying technical solutions to business requirements
- Experience with general programming/scriptinglanguages
- Experience with RPG programming skills
- Experience with SQL coding skills
- Experience with CL programming skills
- Preferred, experience with database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management
- Hospitality or Entertainment industry experiencedesired
- The job is based in Orlando, Florida and requires 24x7 support, either on-call or on-site
- Able to interface and influence at all levels of an organization
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and IT technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills
- Ability to travel for training, conferences or to supported business locations
- Familiarity with Resource Scheduling; Asset Management; Security & Crisis Management; Facility Services; systems and concepts
- Familiarity with enterprise system rollouts
Job Number 35153BR..