The Operational Risk Officer is responsible for the enterprise-wide operational risk assessment process. This includes managing line of business risk and control self-assessments and overseeing strategies to strengthen controls, as well as identifying, gathering, and analyzing key risk indicators. This position is also responsible for providing management with insight on risk trends.
This position will assist lines of business with trouble-shooting moderate to complex issues, requiring analytical and critical thinking skills. Candidates must be able to set priorities and organize requests received throughout the workday. Accuracy, timeliness and attention to detail are critical success factors. Additional attributes required for success include a strong customer service focus, professionalism, versatile product and process subject matter expertise, and effective communication skills.
1. Manage the enterprise-wide risk assessment process ensuring that the process is periodically updated to account for any changes to business or external factors
2. Perform analysis to ensure that all material activities and processes with inherent operational risk are subject to the annual risk assessment process.
3. Develop and maintain procedures related to the risk assessment process.
4. Develop and deliver training related to risk inventory and regulatory requirements.
5. Advise corrective action resulting from initial assessments.
6. Coordinate requests for New Products and Services with Sponsor and Subject Matter Experts; ensure compliance with policy
7. Develop and maintain the Operational Risk Dashboard for executive and senior management
8. Facilitate development of key risk indicators (KRI's) derived from LOB self-assessments
9. Monitor and analyze KRI's in order to report and act on emerging risk exposures
10. Develop templates and techniques to automate the ORM processes
11. Communicate risk assessment results and recommendations through all levels of the Bank.
12. Identify and communicate process/procedure improvement opportunities to management.
13. Evaluate and report risk exposures across the enterprise.
14. Provide risk oversight for process improvement projects.
15. Administer the bank's governance, risk, and control tool.
16. Perform other projects as requested by the ORM Director
1. Bachelor's degree In Accounting or Finance.
2. Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in banking/financial services.
3. Professional certification in risk management is a plus
4. Experience and working knowledge of bank regulatory and financial reporting requirements.
5. Working knowledge of operational risks and controls.
6. Self-motivated, ability to work independently, strong organizational skills.
7. Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
8. Consistently delivers results and meets deadlines.
9. Proactive problem solver.
10. Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence to all associate levels.
11. Excellent judgment.
12. Results oriented and detail driven.
13. Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook.
14. Experience with flowcharting software.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.