We’re looking for a Product Line Manager to lead new product development of gas detection products as well as to manage those products through the product life cycle. While reporting to the Product Group Manager for Gas Detection, you’ll work with otherMarketing professionals, Sales, Engineering and Operations to accomplish these goals. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead gas detection new product development (NPD) efforts from discovery through delivery.
- Lead voice of customer (VOC) and market research, and applytechnology and market trend knowledge to NPD efforts.
- Develop product specifications and project financial models.
- Work with Segment Marketing to plan and develop marketing collateral for new and existing products.
- Develop demand creation programs.
- Partner with the Sales organization to develop and deploy product training programs by providing technical support, assisting with the identification of new customers and the management of key customers.
- Strategically price products to maximize sales and profitability.
- Forecast both revenue and unit plans for Operations and Management.
- Track and report product line performance metrics.
- Lead the customer response portion of the Critical-to-Quality Notification process and in the monitoring and resolution of all product quality concerns.
- Manage product recalls and field upgrades.
- Manage the product life cycle process for assigned products.
- Analyze and understand the competitive landscape and market trends that impact the product lines.
- Assist with the development of the annual product portfolio and long term business strategy for the product group.
- Serve as mentor for junior Product Line Managers.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Excellent project management / prioritization skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively communicate to, and interact with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Customer-driven quality orientation.
• Strong technical knowledge of the assigned product lines and corresponding applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Proven strategic decision making skills.
• Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally up to25% of the time
Education and experience required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline
• 4 years of relevant work experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree
• This position is available at four different career levels based upon experience, education, etc.
o Level I: 4 years of experience in marketing, sales or product development (engineering)
o Level II: 5 years of experience in marketing, sales or product development (engineering)
o Level III: 7 years of experience in marketing, sales or product development (engineering)
o Senior Level: 9 years of experience in marketing, sales or product development (engineering)
o MBA or related graduate degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of experience
Preferred education and experience:
• Software and subscription service product management.
• Product development for highly regulated industries.
Requisition ID 2017-1927