The Director of Product, Enterprise Solutions will be focused on gathering client requirements, and defining client solutions and integration strategies for the OEM and Enterprise opportunities in the Retail Solutions and Digital Marketing Groups. This position will advocate for and influence core product roadmaps by bringing the Enterprise Channel perspective along with responding to RFPs and providing combined product solutions based on our current product sets as well as scooping any unique or extended configurations for specific clients.
The Director of Product, Enterprise Solutions will work with product management leaders and product delivery teams in the solution groups to help articulate, define, and execute our product and customization and integration tactics for enterprise channels, frequently coordinating that work with enterprise strategy and product groups throughout Cox Automotive. While the bulk of our delivery and execution for these key clients will be comprised of standard products, the Director of Product, Enterprise Solutions will combine strong selling skills for standard solutions with a keen eye for innovation and client value to design and propose product extensions, configurations and integrations that make standard products highly valuable and differentiated to demanding automotive brands.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have a unique combination of software product knowledge, automotive dealer workflow and operational knowledge, client consultation, business development/sales, user experience, and technical skills. He/she must also be a strong people influencer and driver for a shared future vision, collaborating and guiding the work of teams of product managers, professional services and project teams, and implementation teams to ensure a complete and timely solution design and solution delivery for clients.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Understand, interpret and document client requirements.
- Design and propose client solutions across products with a bias toward MVP and minimum acceptable client specific integration, configuration, and customization requirements.
- Clear articulation of market dynamics and pricing considerations to balance maximizing recurring revenue, minimizing incremental project costs, and rapidly growing client/market adoption.
- Work with product colleagues in the solution teams to build business cases and drive the prioritization of opportunity-specific features and capabilities.
- Work with clients to understand their business objectives and initiatives and then map their needs to capabilities of that Cox Automotive offers.
- Be a SME on product capabilities and work with our channelsales team to support business development and RFPs.
- Increased revenue for the solution teams from the OEM and group channels as well as strong OEM endorsements for our software offerings are the key success criteria for this role.
- Design for client success by recommending and driving implementation of specific delivery and support processes required to meet client KPI’s and to scale effectively.
- Bachelor's degree. MBA preferred.
- Background and experience in Automotive industry a must, USA market preferred.
- Specific knowledge of Cox Automotive software strongly desired.
- 5+ years product management experience, software experiencepreferred.
- 3+ years experience in solution architecture/consulting/client management.
- Strong business development skills.
- Must be excellent with clients, including proven ability to influence client decision makers effectively.
- Capable of driving large, multi-team initiatives.
- Proven understanding of software specification, development, testing and release practices.
- Proven conversational and technical understanding of APIs, UI, database, and n-tier architecturetechnologies.
- Proven ability to say “no” and deliver difficult messages to demanding clients professionally and tactfully.
- Demonstrated experience and success leading and developing a team of professionals, as well as working across indirect reports and cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrated strong relationship-building and communication skills both across an organization and with external partners.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change.
- Team player with excellent work habits and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel at least 50%
Job Number 1716100