Gannett Fleming is looking for Principal Architect - Operational Manager to build and lead a multi-discipline design team in the Mid-Atlantic Region. As Principal Architect you will focus on business development, client relationships and project oversight across multiple industries to include: state and local government, transportation and transit facilities, federal and education.
- Work in collaboration with Gannett Fleming regional leaders to develop sound strategies across multiple disciplines to build client base and drive growth.
- Manage the operations for a multidiscipline team including Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural and Civil/Site.
- Lead the development of market sector intelligence including industry assessment, trends and key markets and client opportunities for investment and work winning.
- Lead client relationship/business development activities through early interaction, and on-going client maintenance interface.
- Manage the business development pipeline including generating leads to achieve annual targets and long term growth goals. Developing win strategies and closing sales.
- Develop and lead key account strategy to achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Mentor, coach and develop staff and assist them to achieve their full potential.
- Develop and maintain relationships with joint venture prospects, contractors/developers to ensure future partnerships and identify teaming opportunities.
- Attract, develop and retain industry talent to strengthen the Gannett Fleming A/E brand, client relationships and overall performance.
- Provide application architectural solutions to meet business requirements.
- Review and recommend improvements to existing architectural application.
- Provide guidance to project teams in all phases of Design Process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture is required
- Registered Architecture (RA) License is required for this role
- 20 plus years of experience in architecture design in the AEC industry
- Demonstrated successful performance in the development of significant client accounts and revenue based upon client service, project satisfaction, technical quality, schedules and budget compliance.
- Hands on experience assembling and directing proposal teams from inception to completion.
- Experience negotiating contracts, including joint venture agreements.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to bring strong market understanding and business relationships with several federal clients that have the potential to translate into potential new business.
- Must have the ability to travel regionally to develop and cultivate new and ongoing business endeavors, specifically MD, PA, VA, NC and Washington DC.
- Ability to demonstrate successful experience in strategic plan development and execution.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including veterans and disability status.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Gannett Fleming Inc. will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during emp
loyment, for any candidate for this position.
No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.