At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
Competitive Fortune 100, industry matched salaries and yearly merit increase
Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
Named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” since 2010
106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission’s list of top performers on key quality measures
Provide technical skills that cover a broad range of disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA. Perform any technical project assigned with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA Healthcare.
Extraordinary analytical and design ability, very high degree of creativity; in depth knowledge of the business implications of technical approaches, directions and solutions; ability to innovate in highly complex technical areas, ability to achieve results, advanced project planning and coordination skills, superior communication skills, success in subordinate positions.
Specific responsibilities include installation of software products on various hardware platforms, operating system installation and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems.
Requires in depth knowledge of supported operating systems (particularly Linux, AIX), utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, database management systems, benchmarking methodologies, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations, use of statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring and evaluation. In depth knowledge of technology, network, data and applications architectures. Ability to communicate with various levels and types of end users is also required.
Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets.
Specific responsibilities include designing infrastructure for installation of software products on various hardware platforms, operating systems and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems. Significant experience and/or Certifications are preferred for the following:
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and work collaboratively across technical disciplines. Perform complex tasks within operating system in a large-scale production environment.
• Working knowledge and experience with key ITIL processes, particularly change management is required.
• Specific hardware platform knowledge in one or more key areas: HP blade servers, UCS blade servers, IBM Power Systems, Converged Solutions (VCE VxBlock), and Hyper-converged solutions (Nutanix).
• Deploy technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across platforms and components. Support one or more key areas are required: UNIX, AIX 5.3, AIX (5.3, 6.x,7x), RedHat (6.x, 7.x) Knowledge of the following is desirable: Windows 2012, VMWare, Citrix, IBM RS/6000, RH OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Support of SAN-attached devices and tools such as HDLM and PowerPath very desirable.
• Experience with virtual technology, such as, VMWare ESX, VMS firewall, distributed switching and high availability.
• Support OS environment running one or more databases including SQL, Oracle, DB2, Cache, and Postgres desirable. Work with DBAs and understand their requirements are necessary.
• Use of Infrastructure Automation/Configuration tools and DevOps mentality valuable.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of computer performance metrics and tools, to include understanding of CPU utilization levels, CPU and disk queuing, I/O response times, and other key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
Bachelor's degree is needed however experience may be a substitute.
5+ years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
Job Code: 10207-22003