Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cybersecurity. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
Reporting within Symantec Infrastructure Services Group, you will be part of Symantec’s Network Support Team. The candidate is responsible for making changes to the company's global DNS/DHCP/IPAM infrastructure. They will analyze, interpret, and implement requests for configuration changes.
The role will be supporting Symantec’s newly announced corporate strategy delivering transformational projects to support mobility, collaboration and productivity. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to be part of a newly established team. This position offers the opportunity for growth and development in their career path while working in a team focused environment. If you are a “go-getter” and want to be part of building a new support team, this is your opportunity!
• Trouble ticket investigations, root cause analysis, resolution, implementing, measuring, and improving all processes, procedures, and activities required to ensure maximum availability, utility, flexibility, and responsiveness of the production environment.
• Supporting a complex DNS/DHCP/IPAM environment, incident resolution, providing subject matter expertise to other team members.
• Driving improvements and ensuring the highest degree of resilience and top tier support.
• Must be able to take ownership of issues and drive through to resolution across a complex, global enterprise environment.
• Must have strong understanding of internetworking technology principles with demonstrated expertise in IPV4/IPV6, DNS/DHCP, BIND.
• Experience with Infoblox is preferred and QIP a plus (or other platform), strong knowledge of scripting in shell & Perl.
• Configuration, Support and Problem Resolution for DNS, IPAM and DHCP
• Interact with outsourced and network vendors to resolve issues.
• Follow ITIL process (Change management, configuration management and Root Cause Analysis).
• Work with business units to resolve production DNS, IPAM, DHCP issues.
• Ability to Multi-task.
• Ability to be on call for after-hours support.
• 3-6 years of deep technical experience working on IPAM environments
• High degree of experience in the day to day configuration and Sr. level troubleshooting of IPAM DHCP, DNS, and DDNS
• High understanding of scripting (Perl, Shell, Korn, Bash).
• Experience with DNS platforms (QIP, BIND, Infoblox, Bluecat).
• Experience analyzing DNS Caches (configurations, tuning) and analyzing "time to live" for optimal browsing performance.
• Experience analyzing TC dumps (packet analyzer that runs under the Linux command line and allows the user to intercept and display TCP/IP).
• Network Protocol experience in DNS/DHCP and IP Management application support.
• Experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting IPAM/DHCP/DNS suite of products in a large distributed environment
• Knowledge of creating & modifying DNS zone files manually (forward and reverse zones)
• Knowledge and Experience in forecasting IP Address capacity requirements in every type of end user accessible network
• Knowledge and Experience in managing IP Address dynamics in a large enterprise environment.
• Experience in monitoring address utilization to manage capacity of IP Address space
• Experience with IPv6.
• Experience working across multiple disciplines (Servers, Desktop, LAN, WAN).
• Experience working in a fast paced environment and be on call for after-hours issues as needed.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• ISC DNS Certification preferred, CCNP is a plus.