Manager- Marketing Projects
The Manager- Marketing Projects is responsible for the successful cross-functional leadership and commercialization of customer branded initiatives across assigned product categories. This role ensures there is a disciplined, strategic assessment of requests that come through the sales organization against category priorities. Once an opportunity materializes, the Marketing Manager will leverage resources for an efficient and effective product launch.
This position requires someone who has a passion for both food and the consumer, an ability to work effectively with cross functional teams and has a high degree of strategic/business acumen.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to manage their business, ensure profitability, lead high-profile projects while gaining exposure to a wide range of categories and stakeholders at Maple Leaf Foods.
- Translate sales requests and ideas into verifiable concepts based on consumer value and commercial potential. Manage an efficient process for assessing sales requests.
- Determine financial feasibility and make recommendations on production, capabilities, timing, etc.
- Develop a solid understanding of the company’s priorities and how issues impact various stakeholders. Clearly articulate ideas to others to obtain organizational buy-in.
- Lead new product development projects from idea to business case and launch request.
- Develop clearly defined timelines and lead multidisciplinary teams that include: Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, R&D, Supply Chain, and Category Management to deliver outlined objectives on time and on budget.
- Anticipate barriers or risks during development and work to eliminate or resolve them.
- Manage expenditures to remain on budget and hit corresponding financial targets.
- Lead structured management of the overall health of the customer branded sustainable meat portfolio.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5 years’ business experience within a CPG environment with a track record of delivering winning results
- Post-secondaryeducation -preferably in Marketing/Business
- Demonstrated ability to lead large, dynamic-cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with conflict, resolve disagreements and problem solve while maintaining process integrity
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, high pressure environment
- Strong consumer instincts and business acumen
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and a high bias for action
- Ability to apply strong interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong good computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Reference No.: 9889060