Network Engineer - Senior Level - Wifi
Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Network Engineer Wifi - Senior level for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Assembles key participants and guides and facilitates teams in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Identifies opportunities to apply advances in technology to network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications to enhance operations and meet business requirements. Develops automation and tools, enhancing processes to provision, manage, and administer network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications in a repeatable, standardized and efficient manner. Rapidly identify and execute real-time actions to achieve return to service, performing root cause analysis, and implementing corrective measures to prevent future occurrences. Serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. May provide insight to management on issues as they arise.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Proactively seeks new methods and technologies to maintain network(s), infrastructure, and applications adhering to USAA rigor and established guidelines.
- Identifies need and implements system monitoring, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications.
- Troubleshoots network(s), infrastructure, or application issues, identifies root cause, establishes return to service, evaluates/develops/implements/documents mitigation strategies.
- Identifies and proactively seeks opportunities to implement process improvements, documents technical diagrams and procedures.
- Designs, analyzes, installs, tests, configures, and administers network(s), infrastructure, and applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years experience in a technical capacity supporting a network or infrastructure or application configuration
- 10 total years experience installing, maintaining, and configuring complex network, infrastructure and applications specific to Cisco (CCNP or CCIE level skill)
- Current CCNP or CCIE Certification
- 10+ years routing/switching experience, DNS/DHCP/IPAM, NTP, OSPF, SNMP, Logging, WCCP, BGP, QoS, Spanning Tree, DMVPN, EIGRP.
- Experience installing, upgrading and administering Cisco ISE
- Experience installing, upgrading and administrating Cisco wireless
- Experience configuring and managing remote sites using BGP routing and IPSEC tunnels (DMVPN, Site-to-Site VPN)
- Extensive Cisco routing experience configuring and managing remote sites with highly available networks.
- Experience mentoring, coaching, and growing junior team members
- Experience working with a workload management tool, leading and coordinating projects across technical domains
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000+ employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
Job Number: R0013638